does anyone know cloudland jelico score

dewswar

It amazes me that you can score 79 points just by kicking fieldgoals.....that is how they scored that much, isn't it? Oh, wait a minute, they don't have a fieldgoal kicker, so they go for two EVERY TIME. Sorry, forgot about that, I bet Jellico won't. Real classy guys, Carter County is SO proud of you.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i usually like to take up for cloudland,but this may be a little too much.by what the stats say,the starters,or at least byrd,didnt come out until the score was 52-0 since he scored the last 3 tds before the half.and i dont know about them not havin a kicker since Tobey Jones was 3 of 4 on extra points,looks like they do have a kicker jus dont want to use him

That is disgraceful. When we were up 31-0 on Jo Byrns in the first quarter, Coach Goodwin started kicking FG and punts on first and second down. And that was against Jo Byrns, a team with a winning record. What a class act Cloudland must be to run the score on a winless Jellico team.

It amazes me that you can score 79 points just by kicking fieldgoals.....that is how they scored that much, isn't it? Oh, wait a minute, they don't have a fieldgoal kicker, so they go for two EVERY TIME. Sorry, forgot about that, I bet Jellico won't. Real classy guys, Carter County is SO proud of you.

I know who you are, Trout, and when I get the proof, you will never be allowed in Roan Mountain again and Might be run out of Carter County.

Wow, how many people are quick to jump to conclusions... Were any of you criticizers at the game. No.

Here's what happened. Byrd and Benfield were out way before the end of the second quarter and none of the varsity played from that point on. The Junior Varisity and freshmen scored four touchdowns and they played an eight-minute fourth quarter running the clock. People call it running up the score, but Jellico is weak, they have size and numbers, but they are down this year. Also none of their fans saw it as running up the score. There is no Tobey Jones and no Josh Harrington, the Press misunderstood me when I called the stats in from Jellico. The kicking thing - well they never tried it all year and Luns asked the kids who wanted to try it at the half and CODY JONES stepped up. His first two kicks barely cleared the crossbar and his last PAT was big. Lunsford said last night that they found a kicker and would do that from now on.

This is the exact quote that coach Ronnie Lasley had after the game: "We're down a bit this year and in my opinion Cloudland is the number one team in the state. For me it was an honor to watch Mark Byrd and Dakota Benfield one final time, they put on a show for our fans." Jellico will be much better towards the end of the season once their quarterback, who was injured very early, returns from injury. He is their offense and he will be back for the North Greene game.

Lasley was not upset at all and neither were the Jellico players. As a matter of fact he told Coach Lunsford that he was not mad because they were not visibly scoring just to run up the score. It could've been a lot worse in the first half if you get my drift. My point being, the freshmen and junior varsity get their chance to play and if they score so be it. Cloudland ran dives straight up the middle in the second half - but three times it was broke for long yardage against the Devil Varisty. One of the scores was an interception return for a touchdown.

I wasnt at the game but i can tell you this lunceford would never run the score up on anyone intentionally,all these people are so quick to jump on the cloudland bashing wagon before they get the facts what did they expect jellico is winless this season, no disrespect to them everyone goes through the rebuilding period.jellico is a class act you dont see any of their fans on here complaining because they were there and they know how it went,some people dont know that cloudland has got a very good jr. varsity team i was even thinking that they would be down next year but after i saw then play ive changed my mind now

It's true, people shouldn't bash when they didn't see the game, but man, 79-0 just LOOKS bad. I had the same gut reaction, even though I saw Jellico play Oneida and Scott High this year... Oneida let up on them early, Scott got up 42-0 at half, and they went to 6 minute quarters for the second half. They're just not good, but they try, they show up, and I have more respect for them showing up every week, getting beat 50+ to nothing every week, then some other programs. They have size, even Jellico's middle school team has size, I don't know what it is really. But I respect them.

I wasnt at the game but i can tell you this lunceford would never run the score up on anyone intentionally,all these people are so quick to jump on the cloudland bashing wagon before they get the facts what did they expect jellico is winless this season, no disrespect to them everyone goes through the rebuilding period.jellico is a class act you dont see any of their fans on here complaining because they were there and they know how it went,some people dont know that cloudland has got a very good jr. varsity team i was even thinking that they would be down next year but after i saw then play ive changed my mind now

I am not being critical of Cloudland because a team plays to score. When SP or other teams around here start running off with the score they cut the quarters to 8 min. Besides I don't think any true sportsman would want stats gained by this manner.