MBA at Christian Brothers

rollredroll

I'm sorry, but how can you call Christian Brothers a national power? When was the last time they even won a state title?

I'm not speaking historically- just 2003. At present- these are two of the top teams in the nation...and CB has proven that (again- thus far this year), more so than MBA has.

I don't think you'll doubt CB's place on the national landscape after this weekend...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I realize CBHS has played a tough schedule, I think it is premature to call them a national power based on what they've done so far this year. Only if they are able to beat MBA, should they even be considered for national rankings.

Now, my take on the game...CBHS has not seen an offense as balanced and talented as MBA's. MBA's first team defense should be able to shut down the "Brothers'" running game and force them to pass. The "Brothers" will be bigger, but they always are. The stands will be packed and their fans will be obnoxious, as usual. As is almost always the case with this game, MBA is bettter coached and more disciplined. MBA, 31-14.

One thing is for sure, freemanned is probably not a CBHS homer. We'll see how he does. Regardless of what anybody picks, it will be a hard-fought game.

Ned, maybe you can address the rankings at unapproved website. As I have stated previously, I don't lose sleep over anybody's rankings, but I am curious as to (1) how 4 MT teams are in the national Top 25 (I don't think any of those teams are in the Top 25 in the USA Today, Tony Bianco, Prep Nation, Rivals, and Student Sports polls) and (2) how two 2-loss teams are in the unapproved website Top 25?

I don't mean to imply that the aforementioned polls are the be-all, end-all for national polls, but it looks as if unapproved website may take different criteria into consideration.

Thanks for your input.

MBA has beaten the then #4 team in the country and the #1 team in Mississippi....and CBHS has a tougher schedule than MBA, that's hard for me to figure...And whoever said CBHS has better receivers than MBA should be banned from this board. Go watch some football.

:DROLL,

I asked Ned to respond to those very questions this am. Unfortunately, I've made plans for Gaffney vs. Byrnes (to see Tony's "take"). The MBA/CBHS game may be broadcast on CCS in Atlata ("treated" to EH vs. CPS on that channel last Fri.--haven't seen starters' arm that skinny since DB vs. Jellico, 1964, 89-0). ...Gotta admire Ned for sticking his neck out and reading a TN site. FYI, unapproved website. predicts, DLS 35, Evangel 7 and "Bass biting in Great Falls." :P

I'm not speaking historically- just 2003. At present- these are two of the top teams in the nation...and CB has proven that (again- thus far this year), more so than MBA has.

I don't think you'll doubt CB's place on the national landscape after this weekend...

Ned, welcome to the site. You'll be able to learn a lot more about Tennessee HS Football here, and hopefully some of this knowledge can contribute to your site. unapproved website is very comprehensive, and though I can't say I always agree with its power rankings, I enjoy viewing the standings and schedules for teams all over the US. If you want to learn more about Division II-AAA, visit the link listed in my signature.

And that, my friends, is called a shameless plug. :D

I'm sorry, but how can you call Christian Brothers a national power?  When was the last time they even won a state title?

When was the last time what you did last year mattered in a current season? Great statement from a gentleman, scholar, and athlete.

Edited by cb56