MBA at Christian Brothers

rollredroll

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny what you hear when you hear things from different sources. I recall from my days at CBHS that in the 1999 clinic bowl game it was MBA playing dirty all day and that the shot that Paul Dill took was definitely dirty and should have resulted in an ejection. I wasn't there so I can't comment further, but I was just musing how sports seem to divide otherwise friendly people!

their lacrosse teams were always kinda dirty too. they we're real upset when we put them out of the playoffs in 98 and they were dirty in the consolation game in 99 because we cleaned up the post season awards. i know some cool kids from those teams though. slattery, rossie, parthanais. i think ty williford went there for a while. maybe some diamonds in the rough.

whoa, now i would have to disagree with you there. My brother played on those '98 and '99 teams that you called dirty, and I don't remember them being dirty at all. Now, CBHS may have used to have some big hitters and they may have been very agressive, but I wouldn't call that being "dirty." And, I play on the CBHS lacrosse team now, and we do have a couple of hot heads that start to start talking trash and stuff when we're losing, but then again, what team doesn't have some hotheads on their team? By the way, how's MBA's lacrosse team looking this year?

mdaley, the CBHS teams of the late 90's had a rep across the league as thugs. It was not just MBA that had that opinion. I am pleased to say that in more recent years the MBA-CB games games have been very cleanly played. The fans have been cordial and the players respectful of each other

I was at the '99 Clinic Bowl game, and I also have a tape of that game that I have watched many times. Let me assure you, the hit on Paul Dill by Barton Simmons while devestating, was an absolutely clean face to face hit just after Dill caught a pass over his shoulder. If you could see the tape, you would agree.

I wasn't on the field in 1999, and I certainly don't mean to imply that CBHS played dirty in that game or any other game, but MBA was was too talented that year to have to play dirty. In the title game, if memory serves, MBA led 21-0 after a quarter, having scored after its first offensive play, and I believe CBHS had negative offensive yards after that first quarter. It was a mismatch - not that CBHS wasn't good, because they would not have made it as far as they did if they were not good, but MBA was too loaded for everyone that year - Super 7 or otherwise.

CB by 11....

Just wanted to go on the record with what we're projecting this week:

unapproved website projection: Christian Brothers (Memphis, TN) 24 Montgomery Bell Academy (Nashville, TN) 13

Should be a great game between two national powers.

Ned Freeman

unapproved website.com

Ned, where's the love? Just checked out unapproved website.com (11 PM CDT) and you've got the scores updated, and CBHS is still rated higher than MBA! Kudos to you, though, for coming on and giving us some out-of-state input.

You did get the 13 right for MBA, though. CBHS hasn't scored more than 15 versus MBA in the last 11 matchups. A lot of us could have told you that 24 was too high for CBHS, whether they won or not. If they had that prop in Vegas, many of the farms in Tennessee would have been "placed" on the under.

Keep visting us a coacht.com. We appreciate your input.

I remember hearing about that incident (Simmons in '99). The people I know in attendance said that they were fairly certain the kid was dead after the shot...let's get 'em tonight!

ps, Dan, are you the Dan involved in a certain big game in the sunshine state tomorrow? if so good luck...

....still soaked from Doak, but enjoyed every second....Simmons would never play dirty, his siblings wouldn't tolerate it....Great job in Memphis!! Keep dominating....Roll Red, Go Canes

Ned, where's the love?  Just checked out unapproved website.com (11 PM CDT) and you've got the scores updated, and CBHS is still rated higher than MBA!

Don't worry rollred- we've got much love for MBA. They're ranked ahead of CB right now- but it's very close. (I know that's hard to understand- but you gotta remember that CB has beaten just about the entire TN top 10.)

The ratings hadn't fully run-their-course last night. It takes many hours for the system to fully run through all 7,000 scores on Fridays.

Both teams are in our national top 25.

Edited by freemanned

That did it: I'm goin' 6-team parlay card, takin' the points on all: Longviex +1, La Costa Canyon +38 (although I really like the over/under at 50), Byrnes +3, Sevier County +22, Ponca City +19, and MBA +11. Bettin' 5 units. ;)

Hey 64TN- not bad...4-2 on your 6-teamer. (Longview and Sevier didn't cover)

Contact me at ned@unapproved website.com when you get a chance. I'd like to discuss something with you... Thanks.