Who is the Best Running Back in 1A?

Guest 4life

Obviously im biased, but every thread or poll ive been in seems to agree. Junior Chris Wooden of DCA is the best RB in 1A and one of the best in any classification in the midstate. Ive been pretty quiet about this for a while but tonight Chris had yet another huge game. Check these stats.....

220 yards on 13 carries, 3 touchdowns, and he only played the first half! He would have gotten well over 300 yards at that pace! He averaged 16.4 yards per carry in one half of play. He can do it all: he is fast, STRONG, and can make great cuts while going at full speed, but his greatest attribute is his ability to break tackles. He broke as many as 8 tackles on some plays.

He already has WAY over 1,000 yards and 13 rushing touchdowns so far this season and he is only a Junior! He had over 1,000 yards as a FRESHMAN and Sophomore! He will be even better next year!

That doesn't even include the many yards and touchdowns he has as a kickoff return man this year.

Somebody tell me a better 1A RB than Chris Wooden.

Edited by 4life

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well from personal experience i can tell you that Wooden is a very good runner and hard to tackle at that hehe. Although they do shift their 2 bigger linemen to the running side each play, you couldnt stop him if you already knew it was coming. Wooden is having a great year and i dont see any other back in 1A being better than him. Collinwood's running back doesn't have to run against the teams Wooden does being in region 5, but ive never seen him. DCA is still holding strong as my pick for state, pending on their beating CPA. Should be an interesting rest of the season.

i guess you are right about collinwood not playing anyone. The last time we played donelson christian was year before last and we blowed them completely off the field by a whooping four(4) touchdowns. the score was 35 to 7. I agree we dont play anyone and donelson sure wasnt much competition at all. Other than cpa and maybe ezell (we are 1 and 2 against them the last couple of years) we just cant find a good game!

hey, this was a tongue in cheek post for the dca guy and wasnt ment to disrespect any of the fine teams and coaches we play against. I hold them all in high regard, especially all the great teams and players in region 6a.........our region freakin rocks hard every friday night at all locations.......so there dca fan!