South Pittsburg @ Marion County

krp

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you give the Boyd game a rest? I mean, that was last week. South Pittsburg played well, they just turned the ball over tons of times and they played the best defense they've seen all year. But this is a South Pittsburg at Marion County board, not a "Hey remember last week when we beat South Pittsburg" board. I mean seriously, just give it a rest and let us talk about what we're supposed to be talking about. If you want to keep talking about it, make up a new board about it or something.

Edited by doughboysSPhero

Part of the reason this game was moved to where it is(instead of Week 1), was to give both teams the opportunity to get better as the season progressed and come into this fierce rivalry with guns a-blazin. Well, I have to give the schedule makers credit on this one. At the beginning of the year, no one would have given Marion a chance with the inexperience and the lack of numbers problem they've had to endure. The Warriors have been on somewhat of a roller coaster with their wins and losses, but somehow have managed to protect the home turf. South Pittsburg opened with a very impressive win over Sweetwater, and have cruised through their schedule until a small bump in the road last week against Boyd. And lets be honest about that one, if not for turning it over inside their own 20 yard line twice, I believe the outcome might have been different.

Now, as far as a prediction goes, I will not make one, that is, with regard to the score. Is SP the better team? Probably. Will it show on the scoreboard? Maybe, maybe not. My hope and I truly believe this, is that the excitement that surrounds this game during Week 1 will be just as strong, if not stronger in Week 7. I only hope that people in the community come out and support both teams and help give these athletes an experience they will never forget, win or lose.

which key player is injured??

Shawn Dalton. He's a senior this year, and had knee surgery after his sophomore year. Something happened in the Sequatchie game, and he ended up with bursitis. He decided to bench himself for the rest of the season. He said he'd be willing to come in at halftime if things are real bad tommorrow night, but he doesn't want to risk having to go through surgery and therapy again.

Part of the reason this game was moved to where it is(instead of Week 1), was to give both teams the opportunity to get better as the season progressed and come into this fierce rivalry with guns a-blazin. Well, I have to give the schedule makers credit on this one. At the beginning of the year, no one would have given Marion a chance with the inexperience and the lack of numbers problem they've had to endure. The Warriors have been on somewhat of a roller coaster with their wins and losses, but somehow have managed to protect the home turf. South Pittsburg opened with a very impressive win over Sweetwater, and have cruised through their schedule until a small bump in the road last week against Boyd. And lets be honest about that one, if not for turning it over inside their own 20 yard line twice, I believe the outcome might have been different.

Now, as far as a prediction goes, I will not make one, that is, with regard to the score. Is SP the better team? Probably. Will it show on the scoreboard? Maybe, maybe not. My hope and I truly believe this, is that the excitement that surrounds this game during Week 1 will be just as strong, if not stronger in Week 7. I only hope that people in the community come out and support both teams and help give these athletes an experience they will never forget, win or lose.

Excellent point Coach Phil.

Shawn Dalton. He's a senior this year, and had knee surgery after his sophomore year. Something happened in the Sequatchie game, and he ended up with bursitis. He decided to bench himself for the rest of the season. He said he'd be willing to come in at halftime if things are real bad tommorrow night, but he doesn't want to risk having to go through surgery and therapy again.

Come in at halftime. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ;)

Guest warriorpride12

After Whitwell week I would have said that Pitt would win by 63. But the warriors have showed me a lot since that week.If marion comes out this friday like they did against grundy then they have a great chance to win. All that I have to say is that Pitt better come down here to play and not over look us, because we will be ready to play and everyone knows we will not give up. Go Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boyd had a lot to do with that. Boyd will be in Murfreesboro the first Friday night of December and South Pitsburg will be there also except they will be watching from the stands.

I'm still willing to bet Boyd don't win the state. Just say how much that you're willing to risk that they will.

I would make a realistic prediction, but that's the thing....this game is always unreal. When these 2 teams play each other, it doesn't matter who beat who or who lost to who. If Marion would have beaten Tyner and Lookout Valley would have beaten South Pittsburg, it would still be anybody's ball game. Both of these teams know what it's going to take to win and are ready to try their hardest. South Pittsburg does have the stronger team and is probably the better team from what we have all seen. But again, I don't know what to expect.