maryville vs central?

rebeljohn76

Agree, Maryville has to take care of Knox West first on Senior night.

the Central game will come soon enough. Like I said before I was surprised to see Powell beat Knox West. West has been an improving team and thought sure they were in the play-offs this year. KW’s were coming into the game with a three game win streak and have only lost one game they should have won vs. Bearden. The other two losses were to teams who have at this point only lost 1 game each. KW has averaged scoring 24 points a game and needed to beat Powell to insure a play-off spot. I expect West to be fired up because they must beat Maryville to have a chance at the post season now. West will not beat Maryville this year.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FB our starters played one offensive series in the 2nd half just so Cassen could get 1000 yards for the season. After that we played nothin but Soph. and Freshman. So i think before you start pointing fingers and saying Central has no class you might want to get your facts straight.

We'll worry about the Rebels next week, but for now were focused on those Red Devils just like you all should be focused on West.

Edited by CentralBobcats

I think Cloudland could play with Maryville for awhile but Maryville's depth would wear them down. Cloudland is an excellent team. Mark Byrd is awesome. If Greenback can't win 1A I hope Cloudland can take it.

reble ron i just wanted to say i love you from all of the good ole greenback boys i love how you always take up for us we hate alcoa and william blount and heritage is alright but we all have so much respect for the rebels

KW’s were coming into the game with a three game win streak and have only lost one game they should have won vs. Bearden.

How do you figure they should have won that game They had 86 total yards on defense and their one touchdown was a 30 yd. pass after a Bearden Turnover. I beleive Bearden had around 250 yds total that game .

CentralBobcats: after halftime in the clinton game, it was 51-0... did you not think jackson could get those last few yards against halls? so i know that him getting to 1000 yards being the only reason is a crock. honestly, i think central has no class whatsoever, 71-0 in high school football is ridiculous, that was only done to humiliate clinton which is classless. if they did it to try and intimidate maryville, i can tell you maryville isn't intimidated by someone who runs up the score just so they can say they have a 1000 yard back going into the maryville game. can hardly wait.

murlivrebs: a little strong there. The game was on TV. Did you see it? Clinton kept handing the Bobcats the ball either deep in their end or throwing interceptions. At halftime, Helton was interviewed and was concerned that his starters had only had 15 snaps against Siegel and about 21 against Clinton. He told the reporter that the 1st offense would play the opening set and then be done. Central fumbled after about 4 plays and the 2nd string D came on the field. The 2nd string O played most of the rest of the game until the last couple of minutes of the 4th quarter. The freshman played after that. Did you also here that the game was shortened in the 2nd half? 10 min 3rd quarter and 8 min 4th. This game had nothing to do with Maryville. The world does not revolve around the Red Rebels. But I don't believe Cassen was left in the game to get to 1000 yds. Helton was more concerned with the offense having a flow going into the Halls game. Before you make accusations, have all the facts.

This will no doubt be the matchup of the year. Fortunately, or unfortunately, these two teams will probably meet again. If my memory serves me correctly, when the two teams have met twice in a season, only Maryville has won both (1998). The only chance Central had of beating Maryville twice was in 2000 when they beat Maryville in week 2. Unfortunately for the Bobcats, they lost in the 2nd round to a much weaker Rhea County. So if Central does pull out the regular season win, it will take a great effort to win again in the playoffs. Right now this one is too close to call. I might make a late week prediction after seeing some of the news coverage this week, and seeing how the two coaches think their teams are doing in practices.