Catholic beat wartburg

DIsh08

Good job Catholic! You've got this many underneth your belt, but how will you match up against BGA? I look forward to reading about the game this friday night. You guys are doing great thus far. Keep taking it to the house! You guys know as-well-as I do that BGA is just a physical team, the difference is that you guys are a methodically sound team. I now Coach Pemberton is going to have you guy's very prepared for this BGA team! Like I said before take it to them! :D

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the injuries to Wartburg really hurt that much? Much respect to Catholic. They are a well coached, well disciplined team. They would beat any team in our region. Wartburg has fallen on hard times. They once looked like contenders...This was supposed to be the year they were going somewhere. Looks like they won't even make the playoffs.

Hold up there Aus Dan. Now I know that Catholic is good, I've seen them play once or twice this year. they are a pretty sound football team. Now you just need to hold up saying that they would be the first place team if they played in region 2 2a. I'm not sure what you know about the region, but its tough and getting tougher. Alcoa is a team that is always improving. they are a big group of Sophs./ juniors who have enough talent to shake things up this year as well as for a couple years to come. Os is becoming a balanced team and they have a lot of talent this year. They have 2 losses to a 3a power house and LC who has had a lot of success this year. Rockwood has that edge for winning close games and a solid backfield. They could possibly win the region this year. Wartburg is a good team and if Catholic had caught them healthy, I guarantee that the game would have been closer. there might have evn been a different outcome, you never know. Sweetwater is a little down this year but they have a ton of talented backs/recievers. this included an All-State back who rushed for over 2000 yards last year. I don't think that Catholic would have much trouble with Harriman, this just off that Harriman is down this year and has lost every game.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Cathloic's team at all. I'm just saying watch what is said unless you know for sure that it would happen. Catholic may or may not be in first place if they were in 2aa. I guarantee you though that it would not be a cake walk if they were. Out for now.

ACCARP

Edited by accarp2614

I need to start by saying you guys played a great game. I am a player from Wartburg who does a lot of watching and you guys had some power and surprisingly quick linebackers. I think that the problem doesn't lie with you guys though, the problems our team has been having have been the same in the past two games. Some people don't try every play, some people have a bad attitude, and some people don't care about the team at all. Wartburg is not even close to reaching their potential and I think that if we do we could have a ring on our finger. But, it is up to us to make it happen. Don't let the score mean anything, the Wartburg on the field is not even close to what it should be.