Commando Week

just1np

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I remember the game back in 95'. It was a steamy raw night, the kind that the air hangs thick. Bernard Rogan our fullback made a huge run but ran out of gas before crossing the goal line. We scored a few plays later to seal the win 14-7. Since then good times down in Hendersonville have been very very few.

Hendersonville is a sound football team and will play Gallatin tough no matter what. We will have to stymie the wing-t better than we did against McGavock. Hendersonville runs that offense about perfect. Mixing in the passing game makes that offense go, but I hate watching it. Too much running away in stead of running over your opposition. When Gallatin went to it back in Lassiter's first year I thought I'd pull out all of my hair and roll around in glass. It would be less painful. Thankfully it only took us 2 years to get rid of all the bad effects it put on the team. I hate the wing-t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get ready H'ville, Gallatin is coming in force Friday night. And I agree just1np, those stands will not hold us.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We played them both at Smyrna Gallatin will win easily they are a very good football team. H,ville is just to one dimensional on offense and good teams are actually getting pretty good against the wing t.

Link is the best overall player I have seen all year.

Sean Slagenhaff( Spelling?) played youth league football with my son in Smyrna and I knew he was going to be good he was a tough fast kid. I wish he could have stayed in Smyrna. I pull for H,ville because of him but in my opinion Gallatin is better overall.

I was thinking since Beech does not have a game this week, which side would they be pulling for. The Bucs could want Gallatin to win hoping that Antioch can take of Hendersonville too therefore hoping to gain a playoff berth. Or Hendersonville because of the hatred in the rivalry toward Gallatin and hoping to win in week 10 to make the playoffs. Hummm...I don't know.

It was brought to my attention that the all time rushing record for a QB in TN was just a little over 1000 yards. Link has almost 900 with 3 weeks to go. Does anyone know the scoop on that? Now lets say that H-Ville keys on that. Could be a problem; but still, Harris and Crenshaw had a combined 180 some odd yards against McGavock. Grant it, it was McGavock. But it is hard for any team to shut down a fast and dynamic offense. Something I haven't seen Gallatin have in a long time. Unfortunately, I will not get to see this one. Apparently Hendersonville has some speed too. I don't know how well Gallatin's special teams will do against this. I say that if the special teams can step up and not allow huge returns(like they have done a few times) everything should be ok for them.

Putting all the obvious aside (turnovers,special teams play,etc.), I think that this game is won in 2 places. Gallatin's offensive line vs. Hendersonville's defensive front and how Gallatin's linebackers react to the wing-t. Watch Link all you want but if Gallatin's front men don't get the push it is a long night in Commando country. I would not be surprised if they did not go to a 6 man front like they did in 2001 against us. There should be no surprise that we will run. Also the youth in the linebacking core will need to step up to contain the backs of Hendersonville. Running our defense against the wing-t,it is up to the linebackers to plug holes and make most of the tackles. If the linemen get penetration...well thats a bonus.