What's up with Coalfield?

showstoppa47

I was at the Coalfield Greenback game, and what I saw was a lot of Coalfield player's playing their hearts out, but it looks to me like they just got outcoached. Defense wise, Coalfield could be unstoppable. But it looks like they ran the same defense all night, and Greenback found a way to bust it open. Most teams would change a defense if they saw that the other team knew how to bust it open, but it didnt seem to happen last night. Anyways I'm not much of a Coalfield fan, but i'm just saying that it must really hurt for those boys to give it all they got and come up short like that.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDK why every one blames the coachs on every thing.?.? yeah maby some things are there falt.like fans on the sideline run this run that put my kid in it gets old! i sure would like to see some of those pep coach then they would see what all there is to it! pep jumps on weco and brian for puttin 1 more pic or say 1 more thing about a team more than another. {im not putin this about u showstoppa47}

Gibson, I agree. Sometimes the parents get way too involved and don't help matters any. I hope you all get things worked out Friday night for Sweetwater. I will be there for the biggest game of the year in Wartburg. Coalfield will be fine, but they better start doing a better job of stopping the run and wrapping up on the tackles.

Coalfield is a very good football team. They have a high powered balanced offense, and a steller defensive secondary, but as Lee Corso would say "not so fast"... Coalfield's rush defense has been sleeping all year long. Way rush for over 240 yards and a hat trick of TD's Friday night. Midway, as a team, rushed for over 450 yards Friday against Oneida. Uh oh! The Yellow Jacket defense better wake up before Friday against Midway or they will get ran all over. However, they'll get their act straight and bounce back. Coalfield players do play with a lot of heart and that's why they will bounce back. The season isn't over yet and there is still a lot of football to play. They are still playing for homefield advantage in the 1st round.

Coalfield has nothing to hang their head about. They played one of the best 1a teams in the state and played them tough. Coalfield is in one of the toughest regions for 1a ball and their is not a 14 point difference in the top 5 teams in that region 2. Coach Kreis is a good coach and had a good game plan, besides he may just get another chance at the Kees in the play-offs, and it is not easy to beat a team twice in the same season.

The Coalfield Midway game is definitely going to be one of the best this week.

I was at the Coalfield Greenback game, and what I saw was a lot of Coalfield player's playing their hearts out, but it looks to me like they just got outcoached. Defense wise, Coalfield could be unstoppable. But it looks like they ran the same defense all night, and Greenback found a way to bust it open. Most teams would change a defense if they saw that the other team knew how to bust it open, but it didnt seem to happen last night. Anyways I'm not much of a Coalfield fan, but i'm just saying that it must really hurt for those boys to give it all they got and come up short like that.

i would like to say that was a great game and the best of luck to the yellow jackets i was very impressed with the leadership of ricky lowe he played his heart out good luck to you. But one negative thing i did see was the attitude by number 5 the tight end that was so very cocky and arrogant watch your mouth or someone will jack it one day say things if you can back it up but as far as defense i believe that old 74 and number 8 just took it to you all night everything was to the right as for evryone else on the field good sportsmanship

Coalfield was screwed last year by the refs and this year things didnt change not even on homecoming. Coalfield played with heart and had two touchdowns get called back for them. They were trying to get back in the game and the ref werent helping at all. But im not blaming everyone else coalfield did not capitalize when they had the chance to the momentum changed for coalfield and they could not capitalize. I guess that they need to get back up from the fall and meet greenback in the playoffs.

G-Nation, Well im glad to see it took two of your guys to block me. Even the pulling guards had to step in, I was well impressed with number 8, great kid. He showed class and i appreciate it. The mouth running though, i believe you got the tables turned, and when you get a little back im sorry if you cant handle it. Its Football. I never once said anything on that field putting anyone down, or anything of the sort. All i was saying was in response to your teams comments, and frustration. I want to win, i am prideful, and im willing to stand up. And i might get my mouth jacked?? Bold statement for a guy over the computer, why didnt you tell me this when you all were walking out and pattin me on the shoulder saying good game?? I thought you all had class until the bus experience. I have nothing more to say to you.

The officials called a good game. Unfortunately for us, the calls didn't go our way. There was a block in the back on 25's return. It was a good call. 5 did push off in the end zone. We didnt make the plays when we needed to. Greenback did. That is all there is to it.

i love the character of you we were held all night when we played midway on our homefield called once but theres is no need in whining so our coaches said stink it up and we did go greenback

#5, great ball game. I had a blast, and it was great chattin afterwards. Good luck with your season and try to encourage lettin the class bull crap die down. Lets put all that behind us, play football, and hope we meet again.

p.s. You owe me a peel back block, huh?

B) #8