Coffee County vs. Lincoln County

FairInMyFavor

hey i know lc is tough but maybe you guys aren't giving cc enuf credit........they have the states leading rusher or very close........and so what if they haven't played all the teams lc has......ih nunley was behind Lcs line he would be at 2000 yards now instead of close to 1500....hes a good back and he delivers hits before he gets hit.......may be closer than you think guys........maybe not...but i bet your huge monster tackles know they played a good running back on saturday morning win or lose.........i am with you raiders no matter what so keep you head up fight hard til the last horn blows..

Hey I disagree because if nunley was on this team he would not have 160 carries after 7 games...If josh had 160 carries he would be well over 2000 yards but LC has balance and they can attack a defense anywhere....

this tells me that nunley is all you have.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said, 82cat. We tend to forget that these are kids that we are talking about. They ALL work hard and ALL want to play well when they are in the game. If they can do it, they should be allowed to without thoughts of how it "looks" to anyone. Let the kids play without criticism from us old "has-beens" who want to think that we could do it better.

You obviously didn't see the LC vs. Cookeville game.  There was virtually no time left on the clock, CHS was down by more than three touchdowns, and just to be a sore loser, LC had to score one more time before the end of the game.  That's terrible sportsmanship.

I DID see the Cookeville game...and I KNOW the Lincoln players who were in the game at the end. The guy who scored was a THIRD string back who hardly ever even gets into a game, and he was running behind the second string line.

What I saw wasn't terrible sportsmanship. What I saw was one of the poorest defensive showings ever by a 5-A team. Y'all put LC in a position to score on simple dive plays off tackle....not a pass, or a reverse or ANYTHING fancy...just a straight ahead dive play and y'all couldn't stop it against the third string back and now you're whining. Your coach KNOWS better than you what happened.

I dont care if it was a third string cheerleader that weighed 450 lbs.!! It was very unsportsmanlike. Do you ever see professional teams or college teams do stupid things like that? NO! Because they are better than that. Most teams in TSSAA football are also. Most of the guys on that second string line will be there next year and have their pride on the field next year and so will that third string back you speak of. It just shows no respect at all.

do u have to have something to wine about???????? give me a break if yall had done your job it wouldnt have happened...........maybe yall should work harder in practice or something i dont know

Gregory has 18 not 23

The 18 you mentioned are rushing TDs. He has a few more as pass receptions, I think. How bout it, statman? Either way, he's an outstanding kid FIRST and an outstanding running back...and he'll add to that total Friday night.

Of course, the CC defense has been seeing Nunley all year at practice, so seeing a good running back will be nothing new to them. They just may contain Gregory.

and...

falconfan94, I was going to echo what you just said. I can't believe the interest this game has generated on this thread....number of "views" and subsequent "posts." I think that speaks well of the interest from both communities. Regardless of who wins, this is what high school sports is all about....rooting for the home team. Good luck to all.

The 18 you mentioned are rushing TDs.  He has a few more as pass receptions, I think.  How bout it, statman?  Either way, he's an outstanding kid FIRST and an outstanding running back...and he'll add to that total Friday night. 

Of course, the CC defense has been seeing Nunley all year at practice, so seeing a good running back will be nothing new to them.  They just may contain Gregory.

and...

falconfan94, I was going to echo what you just said.  I can't believe the interest this game has generated on this thread....number of "views" and subsequent "posts."  I think that speaks well of the interest from both communities.  Regardless of  who wins, this is what high school sports is all about....rooting for the home team.  Good luck to all.

Yes, this has been been a popular thread. The only negative side to it has been a Cookeville fan on here crying and whining and complaining and bellyaching about our third team tailback scoring a TD late in the game. Obviously that is not a community wide opinion by the fact that other Cookeville fans have spoken out that he needs to shut up about it. Coffee County does have a good football team. I had the priviledge of watching them play Cookeville during our bye week. Come to think of it, Coffee County scored 35 on them, and I didn't see Fuggly on here complaining about that! <_< It should be a good game, I am anxious to see how the Lincoln County defense does against Nunley and vise versa.

Edited by LCstatman

I am anxious to see how the Lincoln County defense does against Nunley and vise versa.

I am having flashbacks of another Coffee County running back...I think his name was Elam. With that one back, Coffee banged and banged away at Lincoln County and went away with a big "W." I never thought it'd happen...that ONE back could make such a difference. I am anxious...and afraid to see if Nunley can do what Elam did to the Falcon D. It's a year of surprises.

I am having flashbacks of another Coffee County running back...I think his name was Elam.  With that one back, Coffee banged and banged away at Lincoln County and went away with a big "W."  I never thought it'd happen...that ONE back could make such a difference.  I am anxious...and afraid to see if Nunley can do what Elam did to the Falcon D.  It's a year of surprises.

You got that right, about the C.C. back, his name was, I think Chris Elam, that guy was a great running back. Big, strong, and had very good speed, that you usually don't see in a back that size. Reminded a lot of people around here of a back that played at old Fay. Central named Bobby Emmons that went on to play at Tennessee. This Nunley kid at C.C. is good but, not nearly as good right now as Elam was in his prime. But, Nunley is a jr., and has another year to get bigger, stronger, and faster. He is definately a good back now though. <_<

This could be dubbed "The Battle of the Running Backs" i.e. Nunley vs. Gregory.

My money would have to be on Gregory because of all those around him. I am anxious to see the Nunley kid. I think I may even make the trip down to Manchester to see this game. Where is the football field? Is it at the high school?

After viewing the season total for rushing for the Falcons offense,I would have to say it is the battle of the Coffee County back angainst the Lincoln County backs. Gregory has 890 yards with 18 rushing TD's, Edmiston has 720 rushing with 4 rushing TD's and Chance Bryson has 280 yards rushing with 4 rushing TD's also, not to mention tht Edmiston also has over 600 yards passing for the season and has also thrown for 10 more TD's. Lincoln County can throw and run the ball effectively, so it should make for an exciting game. I still think the key is the Nunley versus LC defense that is the key to the game. Nunley is DEFINITELY a great back with power and speed, but Lincoln County's defense also has power and speed as well. Should Nunley break through, I don't look for his big gains to be as big as they were when I saw him against Cookeville because of the speed difference. Well, is 12 hours to kickoff. Good luck to both teams!!! :blink:

This could be dubbed "The Battle of the Running Backs" i.e. Nunley vs. Gregory.

My money would have to be on Gregory because of all those around him. I am anxious to see the Nunley kid. I think I may even make the trip down to Manchester to see this game. Where is the football field? Is it at the high school?

Could the rain affect this game? If so, who could it hurt worse?