What should the Oct 31 Coacht game of the week be?

DIsh08

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CoachT,

The Oct 31st choice is easy.

Science Hill @ Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett.

D-B is averaging 35+ points per game (and have eased off several games - could be a lot worse but the D-B coaches don't play to the poles). Science Hill is allowing only 5.86 points per game, #2 in the state behind only Maryville if I'm right. D-B is currently 7-0, one of only three undefeated 5A schoold in the state. Science Hill is currently 6-1. Science Hill's only loss coming to 6-1 Jefferson County. Jeff County's only loss was to D-B, after holding a first half 3 TD lead on the Indians. D-B will be 9-0 when they meet. Science Hill will be 8-1. Jeff County should be 8-1 the same week.

The Science Hill @ D-B game will be a epic battle and have as many implications as any other game.

You mean Oak Ridge held a first half 3 TD lead over DB. DB lead Jeff Co most of the game

But I agree and maybe I am biased that DB vs Science Hill will be one not to miss

Thanks for the correction, bud. Yes it was Oak Ridge that led D-B by 3 TDs before folding in the second half. Heck, I even saw the game... guess I'm getting old and losing my mind. B)

Game of the week should be Whitehouse vs Pearl- Cohn. Probably will decide the region 6-4a champion, two perennial playoff teams who have never played because of 10 team region.

Game is at Whitehouse and you won't find a better atmosphere.

This game could be the beginning of a great rivalry, so why not get in at the beginning?

I, too thought this was only E. TN, but if the middle of the state is "open", then it's obviously MBA vs. BA. This game will be on Comcast, however, over much of the south. You might throw a bone to the DI guys, and go with the Franklin vs. Dickson County game.

Edited by itzme