Region 1 5a

True2ThaGame1

Okay, here is your tie breaking system according to the TSSAA website, utilizing National Federation of State High School Association rules...

1) team with the greatest number of victories

2) team with the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50% or more of their games

3) team whose opponents have earned the most victories

4) team whose opponents have received the fewest defeats

4) team with the greatest number of victories over teams in their own class

6) ten yard overtime procedure @ a neutral site Monday night @ 7:30pm

All three teams would go through the above list until one team came out as 1st seed, then the other two team would go through the procedure again to establish the 2nd and 3rd seeds.

I think it will make things a whole lot easier if D-B goes ahead and wins their last three games...then we know the order of Indians, Patriots, and Hilltoppers...but, there is a long way to go.

Hey who do you all see as getting that 4th playoff spot? Campbell County, Sevier County, Bearden, Karns?

How is region 2 5A shaping up...I guess this weeks Oak Ridge - Farragut game will answer some questions.

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bud,

Yeah, I read #6 and thought that it was sort of like a "I'll meet you at the flagpole and we'll decide it then" sort of thing...but, it is the regular high school football overtime procedure done @ a neutral site on a Monday so that the winner has the rest of the week to get ready...shouldn't have to go that far though.

Roll Tribe Roll

Here is how it should play out:DB wins the region even if they lose to SH. That would give them one loss and the tie breaker vs. Jeff. co. If Jeff wins out they are 2nd even if SH upsets DB because Jeff has the tie breaker over SH. That leaves SH in 3rd. The last spot is up for grabs. If Sevier can beat Bearden and hold off SD then they are in. If Bearden beats Sevier then Bearden is in. That is how it looks from over here. Hope it helps.

If the cougars arent that good thats not saying alot for science hill, who we beat the crap out of all over the field, and got a couple horrible calls that lost the game for us . . . . 3-0? I just gotta tell DB they better be ready next week, cause were lookin at the playoffs if we win the last 2 games and that is what i think we'll do.