WHY DID LEWIS CO. DROP THE PC VIKINGS

TRICK

with the region schedule that perry co has it would be a stupid move on the coaches to add bigger and better teams especially 2A and 4a teams.

they play usj jcs west carroll fayette and trinity. five teams with winning records

lewis co plays easy teams every year on non region dates. why is it a problem when pc does it.

when pc gets as good as wayne co then they can add harder teams.

i think that adding cornersville and gleason was a good move by coach rice

and any coach will tell you that!!

i believe pc could compete in a non private school region. except with wayne co lol

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how it would be a stupid move. In my opinion, it would better prepare them for the Region schedule. I think Perry Co. wants to play an easier schedule so they can still finish with a winning record while come in next to last in their Region. USJ and Fayette Academy are playing teams from larger divisions, and they finish at the top of the Region year in and year out. You think that may have something to do with it. I have no problem with it, but if you are gonna schedule cream puffs, then you can't use it in your arguments that you have a winning record when two of the teams you have beaten are winless and Middleton's only win was over a team that doesn't even have a varsity team yet. That means that the only team that Perry County has beaten with a "real" win was against Greenfield whose 3 wins came against teams that are winless (still assuming Middleton doesn't have a "real" win.) I have no problem with playing these teams, but if you are going to, you can't consider yourself a "stronger" team like someone said ealier in the post.

i agree lewis co. has the tendency to drop teams but u said that law. co. dropped lewis co. why would we drop lewis. co. and add Hillwood as a non region game, as for what i saw law. co. defense didnt let lewis co.'s offense have more than 70 yds total in a scrimmage, also sharp was sacked at least 6 times earlier this year in that scrimmage and when i say that i mean the first stringers not the 4th and 5th. and law. co. passed all over lewis co, im wit these guys yeah lewis co. is 7-0 but they have nutin to show for it, hey next time u want to find a replacement for law.co. or another 4a team try givin somebody thats a top notch in 5- 4a hillsboro, or hillwood a call then tell us about ure 7-0 start.

state champs is out of the picture unless u pull out some luck

Edited by fatfootballfan

OK for real....Lawrence County did drop us dude.....simple as that they did.....if you want to pretend they didn't go ahead...i won't stop you. Ok you played good against us in a Schrimmage.....oh lord that means so much right there....lol. Look in case you haven't heard we have gotten better every week..... and we have played and beat two teams that would kill Lawrence County...Westmoreland and Cheatham. I am not raggin on Lawrence County...because I like to see them do good....but your comment was just dumb sayin we have nothing to show for our 7 wins. We are the #3 team in 2-A, thats pretty good. And I think we are a big time contender for the State Championship. GO PANTHERS!!

im not gonna say ne thing else cuz u cant compare these 2 teams cuz they are in 2 different divisions. lewis co. is 104-23 in 10 yrs including playoffs, law.co. is 31-69 yeah scrimmages are just preseason warmups but trust me lewis co. would not kill law.co. much less westmoreland or cheatham, not this year like i said 4a is not comparable to 2a, lewis co. is a good size 2a school, law.co. is a small 4a school, that could be a reason lewis co. is in and law.co is out of playoffs every year. lewis co. has been to the playoffs i know at least every year since 93' and law.co hasnt been at all since 93'. i will say it whatever sharp does to those boys is good, to have all these winning seasons, and i think we are starting to get goin wit the new head coach david marston, it would be nice to see these teams play again next year or the year after that in the regular season cuz it would be a battle but i think we just missed out on a good game this year. i know columbia is in Law co.'s region and law.co. has them this friday nite, do u think that this years lewis co. team could beat columbia?

I agree WOODROW, Lewis Co. has the tendency to drop the up and coming teams such as Perry Co. There is no doubt in my mind PC could soundly defeat LC at either stadium. Sure they are 7-0 but who can't beat Hickman,Giles or Wayne Co. I believe LC will be eliminated in round one of the playoffs due to playing weaker teams all saeson and not playing the stronger teams like PC and Mt.Pleasant.

So far they are the only team to beat Wayne Co. Think before you post.

I don't know for a fact that either team droped one or another, but i'm sure both coaches wanted to add new teams to there schedule. Do you really want to play the same schedule every year, i mean really after 10 years it will be boreing. I think playing different schools evry two or four years is the best way to go, you get to go new places, play on different fields, that sort of thing. Seriously, why is this even worth fighting over, if i'm correct coacht is for talking about football, not argueing at it. So let it go.

JCeagles

Why are you talking trash? If my memory serves me right, in 2001 and 2002 our games with you were close. In 2001 a few droped passes, and a few fumbles lost us the game, and yeah, what about Wesley Hedgepath taking ya'll's "STAR" player number 55 out of the game on the very first play of the game. We ran an play were he pulled and boom, 55 went out like a light. In 2002, how many rushing yards did you have? Thats what i thought, I was a senior that year and started at RT and DT (#78). You couldn't run on us, we stopped ya'll the entire game except for one trap play you scored on, but if it haden't been for blow pass coverage when would have been setting at # 3 instead of # 4 that year. How can you talk crap when a team that just started a stable football program came close two times in a row almost beating you.

I don't see how it would be a stupid move. In my opinion, it would better prepare them for the Region schedule. I think Perry Co. wants to play an easier schedule so they can still finish with a winning record while come in next to last in their Region. USJ and Fayette Academy are playing teams from larger divisions, and they finish at the top of the Region year in and year out. You think that may have something to do with it. I have no problem with it, but if you are gonna schedule cream puffs, then you can't use it in your arguments that you have a winning record when two of the teams you have beaten are winless and Middleton's only win was over a team that doesn't even have a varsity team yet. That means that the only team that Perry County has beaten with a "real" win was against Greenfield whose 3 wins came against teams that are winless (still assuming Middleton doesn't have a "real" win.) I have no problem with playing these teams, but if you are going to, you can't consider yourself a "stronger" team like someone said ealier in the post.

the only way to build up a program is winning especially in football.

pc is hooked on basketball and needs even more help.

when a team has to play usj and fayette and jcs and trinity in the region they are most definitly going to take some lumps along the way.

the smart thing to do is play some teams that you can beat.

coach sharp does this every year and they say he is brilliant. pc does it and you say it isnt smart?

when you finally build a winning tradition like lewis and wayne co then you will be able to compete with better teams and AA teams.

because pc plays usj and the others in thier region they are already prepared to

play in any playoff game.

i saw where last year they played lewis and chester and adamsville all AA

then they played Hickman co 4A and how does getting spanked help anyone?

whoever made that schedule was a goof ball and did not even hang around to coach them. it was then put on rice to suffer through it until the contracts expired.

good luck perry co

I never once said that playing a few teams that you can beat isn't smart. It is good to get a win here and there. But don't go around saying that other teams are dropping you because they are scared of you. That is ridiculous. If you are a young team that is building admit to that and don't call yourself a "stronger" team. I wish Perry Co. luck. They always played hard from what I saw. I just wish so many misinformed Perry Co. fans wouldn't get on here talking about how good they are.