Father Ryan- CBHS

I was happy to attend this afternoon's game on Father Ryan's beautiful campus, though I quickly regretted ordering the polish sausage at the concession stand... ;)

Father Ryan has really improved from last year, when this game would have been a 49-0 CBHS waxing. They hung with the Brothers in the first half, though they couldn't establish any offensive momentum. CBHS scored late in the half to lead 13-0, and that TD really broke the backs of the Fightin' Irish, as they had no hope of catching up against the forceful Purple Wave defense. I liked CBHS's offensive style...running out of the shotgun worked very well, and Skinner was a pretty accurate passer when he needed to be. Corey Mills was a beast, and Jeremy Finney was a smooth, strong running back with decent breakaway speed. I'd put Christian Brothers at about BA's level right now, having seen both teams play against Father Ryan. It should be a great rematch if we are fortunate enough to witness it.

Congrats to Ryan on a nice, festive atmosphere, though there were not NEARLY enough bleachers for half the fans to find a seat. Most of the students walked and talked anyway, though. Good game!