Games that you will never forget

cchsdawgfan

there are 2 that i really remeber.... Ooltewah Soddy Daisy 2000 when Ooltewah scored with no time left at Soddy, with a running play.. that final drive just lasted forever and the fact that there was no way we were meant to beat those guys was just incredible.... Patrick Flanagan scored and ran right into all the Ooltewah students who had gone down into the endzone to cheer on the team... the police and administrators were holding us back but as soon as the final whistle blew it was all over and the celebrations began....

also the Ootlewah Hixson game .... it was at ooltewah and sadly a real heartbreaker.... The Bullocks twins had dominated the entire game but were wearing down ... it was 38- 17 hixson when Ooltewah started the comeback... the owls just dominated the final quarter and a half in all phases of the game and pulled ahead with 4 minutes remaining in the game.... it was 44-38 Ooltewah with all the momentum in the world... and this is when "the lights went out in Ooltewah" a poor power line on the hixson half of the field popped a fizzled and the lights were gone.... they stopped the game to get teh problem remedied and that gave teh Bullocks the time they needed to catch their breath... after that all the momentum was gone as well as half the crowd... Hixson steam rolled the final 4 minutes getting the winning TD.... sadest night of my high school years(football wise that is)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Maryville was on it's way to the state championship in 1976, Alcoa was trying to stay alive in the playoffs.

The game I will always remember that year was Alcoa at Cleveland. Cleveland won 28-27 in three overtimes when the Alcoa snapper snapped the ball over the holder's head and into the hands of our 240 pound place kicker. Cleveland tackled him before he could move.That was one of those games where you just laid on the field and cied.

I have more than one actually. In no particular order:

First a few Gallatin memories, since that is what most of my high school football knowledge is. I mean I'm only 20, and lived here my whole life. I've spent my whole life going to Gallatin regular season games, so I haven't caught many others in my life. So anyway:

1989 Ice Bowl: Gallatin beats Oakland for its 2nd state championship. I was 6 at the time, and that was definately one of the top 2 coldest games I have even been to. My dad took me and we had an awesome time.

1992 Clinic Bowl: Gallatin beating Clinton for a 3rd state title. Enough said.

The next year, the state would be split up into 5 classes, and it just hasn't been the same since.

October 31, 1997: Riverdale comes to town on Halloween and Gallatin takes them out. My freshman year. Guess what this Friday is? :lol:

1997 Playoffs, 1st Round: Like I said, my freshman year. Gallatin scores a late TD to go ahead 20-13. Glencliff drives and ties the game at 20 with no time left. Instead of taking the point and going to OT, they decide to go for 2. Green wave make the stop for a huge win.

Another good game:

2000 Clinic Bowl: I refuse to call it the other name. Gerald Riggs Jr leads the charge and Red Bank beats Riverdale for the title. It was SOOOOOOOOOOO cold that night.

If Gallatin is forced to keep their losses and doesn't make the playoffs, I will go other places to watch football and expand my memory of good games.

A GAME I WILL NEVER FORGET IS LAST YEARS GREENBACK (yeah) VS. CLOUDLAND GAME. ALL THE PLAYERS PUT FORTH THEIR BEST EFFORT AND SOME EVEN GOT HURT (LIKE MARK BIRD WHEN JASON "THE BADGER " PATTY TACKLED HIM.)BUT HEY ALL YOU CLOUDLAND PLAYERSAND FANS WHEN YOU PLAY THE G-NATION THIS YEAR YOU HAD BETTER COME PREPARED BECAUSE WE ARE WORKING OUR BUTTS OFF TO BEAT YA'LL AT LEAST BY 57 POINTS. SO YOU BETTER GET READY!!

KATT CLASS OF 2007 :rolleyes:

Edited by kees74

It was 1989 - Maryville at Carter

Maryville wins - their in the playofs

Carter wins and Sevier Co goes to playoffs

It was a great game, won on a long td catch and run by Carter (maryville didn't use to win all the time, (recruiting now helps winnning)

There were smoky bear fans everywhere

The big purple made plenty of noise and helped get Sevier Co into the playoffs.

What a great game!