CPA'a playoff hopes...

thetruth1

If CPA lose to DCA, I believe the following to be the case.

For them to finish 4th, I believe Nashville Christian have to lose to McEwen in the final week. This then makes it a tie between FRA and CPA. If CPA beat FRA then CPA would qualify.

If NCS beat McEwen, it goes into a bit of a circle as CPA would have beat FRA, FRA would have beat NCS and NCS would have beat CPA (by forfeit). It then goes to total wins and FRA would probably qualify if they beat Fayette Academy this week.

If by some surprise NCS beat Davidson Academy, then NCS and CPA would go thru.

If NCS beat McEwen, it goes into a bit of a circle as CPA would have beat FRA, FRA would have beat NCS and NCS would have beat CPA (by forfeit). It then goes to total wins and FRA would probably qualify if they beat Fayette Academy this week.

Online, does FRA or NCS playing less games (9) figure into this tie-breaking?

Edited by Bighurt

FRA has a forfeit due to Lighthouse backing out. The game counts as a win as far as overall record.

That would count as a win but not a region win as it affects all equally within Region 5. Bottom line in it's most likely playout, if NCS lose to McEwen and CPA beat FRA, CPA will go to the playoffs based upon each having 3 wins within region but CPA beating FRA would decide it.

If NCS beat McEwen, FRA would go thru on total number of wins.

Oh the irony in high school football is great. I believe I have this scenario correct. If Fayette Academy beats Franklin Road the CPA is automatically in the playoffs, but if Fayette loses, then CPA MUST and I repeat MUST defeat DCA. Hey CPA is a great football team and I'm not saying that they won't do it, but that is a huge if. DCA is a really strong team this year and if they know winning that game will keep CPA out of the playoffs, one of the teams that will possibly beat them in the playoffs they will bring their A game. So my guess is CPA is really pulling for FA in this contest. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong on any of this. And by the way I think it is bull crap the reason that CPA was forced to forfeit and if anyone disagrees w/ me please tell me and i would love to discuss that topic and maybe find out why its not.

thanks

OK this is real complex.

Assumption 1

CPA lose to DCA tomorrow

NCS lose to Davidson Tomorrow

FRA beat FA Tomorrow

If on the final week Davidson Beat Jo Byrns (expected) and if NCS lose to McEwen and FRA lose to CPA. That leaves CPA and FRA each with 3 region wins, but as CPA would have the upper hand on FRA with their game, CPA would qualify in 4th and Davidson would be 3rd place.

If NCS beat McEwen, then it goes in a circle with FRA, CPA and NCS all having 3 region wins, but FRA would then qualify based upon a total of 5 season wins as CPA and NCS would each only have 4 (The old Lighthouse from Antioch dropping out does not affect the outcome in this case). If FRA lose to FA, then the accounted win against Lighthouse would come into play and would still qualify FRA.

Assumption 2

CPA lose to DCA

NCS Beat Davidson

If on the final week Davidson Beat Jo Byrns, NCS beat McEwen and CPA beat FRA, NCS would have 4 region wins and would be 3rd, leaving FRA, CPA and Davidson each with 3 region wins. CPA would now qualify as they would have wins against both FRA and Davidson.

If McEwen beat NCS, that would leave FRA, CPA, NCS and Davidson each with 3 region wins, that would then resort to total wins and I believe Davidson and FRA would go thru.

So in response, I am not sure the FRA vs FA game means much, but it is late and I may have made a mistake.