Lebanon Theft Scandal

toejamwarrior

Guest region4fan

Yes, that is so typical. You, jacket, are trying to make me out to be the Big Bad Wolf.Well, I never stole helmets, and in my son's 6 years of playing football, neither did he. You better believe if he did, I would expect him to be punished by the coach, school, myself, and the law. YET>>> I am a so-called coward for merely asking CeCe to state what really happened. "She" has repeatedly said that we do not know the facts. Well, I am simply asking "her" to tell me the facts. But "she "is so slanted in her viewpoint. "She" throws out veiled accusations toward other schools in our region. Well, I demand to know who "she" is talking about. What part of that makes me a coward? I have ties to this region, you are the one who DOESN't. I believe Jacket refers to Trousdale County. Last time I checked, you are not even in 5A OR Region4.

Now as for speeding. I have cruise control in my car. I set it everytime I drive, so I won't speed.What a stupid analogy. If you know anything about football, you will know that IF one of the players who had their helmets stolen had to wear one that did not fit his head.....well that could cause a severe head injury if he took a blow to the head just right. Now that is some serious stuff. Why are you getting involved? Well, I think I have this whole thing figured out. Maybe the coach in question is your dad( since you are from TC and so was he) and Cece is your mom???? NOW THAT would make sense!

To TOEJAM...I have learned to really respect you. I think you are what parents need to be.......strict and responsible. I bet your kid is a winner, and you keep his feet solidly on the ground. We make a pretty good team, don't we???

One more thing. I just heard that the coach from Blackman that used to coach at Lebanon is RELATED to one of the thieves.( #7) How sorry can you get to steal from his team????You think I am going to shut up.....guess again!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man you have made yourelf look really stupid now Region4fan. Trousdale Co isnt the only school named Jackets. I am actually from Fairview. So dont go into the profession of being a cop anytime soon because you can't figure out anything.I just think its sad that we incriminate these kids on a thread. They are suffering enough. Well if you say you have never sped, well all i can say you are one strange guy. The reason I posted on this thread is that a similar situation happened at our school and we didnt get on here and post anything about it. Its the school's problem not anyone else.

Edited by jacketpride24

Guest Oakland

I agree with TDC, just let this thing go guys, i am sure the guys that did this regret that they even did so, we have all made dumb mistakes in our lives, its what makes us human, so lets just focus on the game at hand on friday night instead of teeing off at each other

i still think my solution would solve the problem :D

Region4fan.......i've enjoyed reading your posts over the past few months....you are very informative and appreciate good high school athletics.....thanks for your insight

I hope this situation gets solved and good luck to all teams tomorrow night.

I agree that a situation like this has to be judged on intent. Lets say a player takes a jock strap from another team so they can say "we beat the jocks of em" yes that is good :lol: let us all laugh and be merry. But lets say a player takes a uniform or someones cleats or a jersey, then yes they should feel consequences and live with the burden of failing as a human being :D.

Like I said its all about intent. And no not everyone knows the situation and the boys in question intent was but to attack each other over talking about it unneeded. If you are gonna pull some stupid crap like that be smart enuff not to get caught :ph34r: .

Personally I blame Saved by the Bell. The young lads of Bayside HS were always stealing rival Valley High School's mascot, flags etc. Curse you Zach Morris for the downfall of high school football.

I dont care if we all have made mistakes in the past. Thses guys STOLE something! What? STOLE something that didn't belong to them. Toejam and region4, I agree with what you guys have said. What region4 said about toejam being a responsible parent. I agree with that to, because he doesn't put up with that kind of stuff. And if someone screws up, then they should be held responsible.

Putting IcyHot in the jock of other players is a prank not stealing!

I don't think they should be stoned to death or anything but off the team nad a suspension from school and some community service is at hand! Nothing less nothing more! They must be taught when they are young or they never learn!To go unpunished is teaching them that it is ok to steal!

Guest region4fan

Thank you Stump! It is a relief to see more people on here realizing that stealing such a large item(s) is not a prank. It is theft.They didn't do it once, they did it twice. At 145.00 a helmet times 6....that is getting into some big bucks. Even if a kid steals a pack of gum from a store, they may be prosecuted by law. I think the bottom line is that the law is getting too lenient.Schools are getting too lenient. Control is in the hands of the parents, and even worse...the kids. Principals and coaches are afraid of lawsuits and their jobs these days. So instead of doing what needs to be done, they give a little pat on the wrist and try not to damage someone's little ego and self-esteem. all that does is let a kid know that they can push even further.

Titans, thanks for your support.

Jacket...what an ignorant remark to make. Just b/c a school is big does not mean that they deserve to lose 3 helmets.( they can afford to lose 3 helmets)I am sure that someone worked really hard in a concession stand, working the gate, car wash, fundraiser,bake sale,lift a thon, etc to buy those helmets. I pay taxes in Rutherford County and they may even have been purchased with my tax dollars. I think their time was worth more than a little apology.

Folks please! Time for me to chime in...

I like what some previous poster wrote "let ye who is free from sin cast the first stone." Some helmets were taken. It was a prank. They have been returned. It was a prank. What can one do with a helmet besides take it as a prank? Paint it in LHS's colors and wear it? Maybe they were nicer helmets... give me a break. Things like this have happened since the begining of time. Reminds me of a story my father has told me countless times. Columbia and Franklin used to be a HUGE rivalry. One night during b-ball season at CHS, it was rather hot in the gym so the Lion took off his head. My father and a group of buddies grabbed the head, jumped in their truck and headed back to Franktown (well I don't guess it was Franktown then). It was a HUGE prank that they pulled off; everyone knew about the "head." In fact, a couple weeks later when Columbia came to Franklin, the Franklin student body started chanting. "We got the head! We got the head! We got the head!"

I've seen goalposts and fields painted in rival's colors; I've seen tire tracks on a soccer field; I've seen many pranks, several that could cost hundreds to fix. But it's a harmless prank that's part of high school athletics if you ask me.

I've seen goalposts and fields painted in rival's colors; I've seen tire tracks on a soccer field; I've seen many pranks, several that could cost hundreds to fix. But it's a harmless prank that's part of high school athletics if you ask me.

Yes it is a part of school athletics. It has been a part of school athletics for years now. Does that justify it?? Does that make it OK to go out and steal these things. What about the kids that look up to these players on Friday nights? Believe me, I have seen these children at the football games on Fridays. I have seen some children aska player for his autograph. When a kid sees a player that he or she looks up to stealing something and getting nothing but a mere slap on the wrist, that child is going to think to themself, "Self, I believe it is OK take things that don't belong to me, and even if I get caught, all I get is slap on the wrist." Think about the children that these players are influencing. Do you want your child to be encouraged to steal things?? If you do, you are a very bad parent. Where is the love? Yes, pranks and stealing are a part of high school sports, I am ashamed to say. A part that can be deterred by setting a precedent and letting players and students know that they will be punished for the CRIME that they commit.