gallatin looses to hunters lane

texflex05

When will Hunter's Lane finally get some respect?

First off they have to learn it and show it and the they will be given respect. And the more they show it the more they get respect. And I think McGavock needs to do the same. Learn it, give it, recieve it.

Green Wave General

Learn Respect, Give Respect , and Receive Respect- Green Wave General

Edited by Green Wave General

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Hendersonville defeated Hunters Lane, Hunters Lane did ask Hendersonville to pray after the game, and Hendersonville accepted. No harsh words were said by either team. All class on both sides. Hunters Lane congratulated the Commandos and went home. And went to work. And got better. And have played good football since being embarassed at Hendersonville.

Edited by alzado

I just want everybody on this topic to hear exactly what I typed on the topic about the eneligible receiver. "After the game yesterday in Gallatins huddle Hunters Lane was acting very rude. Right when we were in the huddle after the game they ran right by us and left to there own huddle right beside us. But they were such soar winners and that is just plain out stupid and rude."

I just wanted to use that example for my phrase.

Learn Respect, Give Respect, Recive Respect.

This is a perfect example for what im talking about.

Green Wave General

When Hendersonville defeated Hunters Lane, Hunters Lane did ask Hendersonville to pray after the game, and Hendersonville accepted. No harsh words were said by either team. All class on both sides. Hunters Lane congratulated the Commandos and went home. And went to work. And got better. And have played good football since being embarassed at Hendersonville.

The 15 yard penalty called on HL near the end of the game was a mystery call, even Gallatin's Coach Short on the radio said he saw nothing.

Another 15 yard penalty was assessed against HL, when one of their players complained after being gouged in the eyes in a pile by one of Gallatin's "classy" players. He was one of 5 players that received eye injuries after being gouged in the pile by a Gallatin player(s). No penalty was ever assessed by the all-white good ole boy officiating crew against Gallatin for this atrocious behavior.

Another 15 yard penalty was called against HL after a RB was ran out of bounds, hit on Gallatin's sideline by the forearm of a player on the sidelines not in the game. When the RB said something back, he was flagged. Biased call.

Seems as if too many midstate schools equate "undisciplined" with teams that are composed of mostly Black players.

I can't believe I actually read what I did. So we are a bunch of racists now? Thats really low there buddy.

Where is Hunters Lane?

Take I65 south, get of at Exit 92, i believe that is Old Hickory Blvd. Take a right of that exit. Follow Old Hickory Bvld, until it collides with Dickerson Rd. Take a right at the light, and its about half a mile, on the left.

About the racist part, there was no need for that comment. Just because it was an all white ref squad means nothing. That makes no difference on the calls that they make.

Finally, about Hunters Lane "class". Ive been watching there athletics since i was 5. Ive grown up with that school, and the environment. I will say that they can be extravagent on their celebrating, but they know where to draw the line. In big games, such as this one, they will celebrate, because they were the underdogs. I know everyone would celebrate the same way, cause its a big win. I wasnt there, but i highly doubt that they would taunt the team after the win. After watching many games, they usually shake hands, have a team meeting an prayer, then hit the showers. But everyone has to understand, a team that was picked to loose bad, then comes out with a big win, away from home, will celebrate.

As my name states, I love sports. For many years, I have enjoyed going to games around the area and watching. I went to Gallatin the other night to see the game with Hunters Lane. I have seen Hunters Lane play several times this year, as well as other teams in the area, and have seen some great football games and athletes. All as a "sportsfan".

As you can see, this is my first post and I have watched this site for over a year now and have never felt compelled to respond to something until now. I have several comments and observations from the game the other night I would like to respond with:

1. Gallatin is a great atmosphere for Friday night football, even with the cloud of TSSAA / McGavock problems. I hope it wasn't that big of a distraction that you let your guard down against HL. Keep your head up.

2. As painful as it may be for Gallatin to swallow, Hunters Lane handed you a painful loss. I don't ever recall 49 points being scored against Gallatin, much less at home! Although painful, you have to give Hunters Lane credit where it is due. They are very explosive on offense and don't have that bad of a defense. Chalk it up as a loss, learn from it, and go on. This is the way life goes.

3. The officials did a "usual job". They got most right on both sides and missed some both ways. You could tell they were not going to let the game get out of hand. However, the unsportsmanlike (taunting) call against HL's # 9 Holt, there toward the end of the game was a joke! As I saw it, his teammate crossed the goal line on a long run and all he did is point to the "heavens" very briefly (20yds behind the runner). I understand, from the crowd around me, he is president of the FCA and does it all the time, especially to honor his slain teammate Justin Green who was murdered before the season started. He never showed any emotion, just pointed to the sky and looked up! Can't speak of the alleged eye gouging by Gallatin. I thought, as usual, they had no bearing at all on the outcome of the game!

4. Best hit of the night - Late 2nd Quarter when HL's #6 (Booker) gets run out of bounds on the Gallatin sideline and Gallatin's big #65 (Bugbee), while standing on the sideline, lowers a forearm and knocks #6 hard. No flag was thrown against Gallatin but #6 Booker sure looked like he gave Bugbee a earful for the shot, which cost Booker and HL 15 yards.

5. I went to the HL vs. Hendersonville game several weeks ago. If my memory serves me right, with less than a minute left in the game, HL's #6 Booker went down with a neck/back problem and they called an ambulance for him to end the game. I recall both teams huddling and praying. Even parents of both Hendersonville and HL joined in for the prayer. What a great jesture these days! Even the other games I have seen HL play this year have all ended in prayer with the other teams. I like the character of all teams that join in prayer. We need more unity in life!

6. I watched both Gallatin and HL shake hands at the end of the game. It was obvious HL was excited and Gallatin was dejected. You could see both the players of HL and coaches waving Gallatin toward the center of the field to pray. Gallatin was already walking toward the endzone opposite the scoreboard. I clearly saw several Gallatin players "waving off" the HL's players request to join in prayer. I even overheard one Gallatin player yell "I ain't praying with any metro team".

Meanwhile while this was taking place, some old woman from Gallatin was waving a sign, "We're still #1" to the HL players while calling them classless and telling them to go home. She then went to the HL stands, waved her sign and told the fans the same thing. Also, several adults from Gallatin were standing between the two huddles yelling for HL to go back home to metro. This prompted the HL players to start chanting "Metro Metro". However, it only lasted a few seconds until several of HL's coaches made them be quiet. Their head coach, Richard Campbell, stepped in and got on to them about their behavior. While the HL players were wrong in their metro chant, it was in response to several Gallatin "adult" people and their actions. Even as HL was leaving the field, several Gallatin fans, especially a guy in overalls, was following behind yelling at a couple of HL coaches, who were last in leaving the field, to "go home with their classless players". I believe some words were exchanged between a coach and "farmer brown". By the way, I saw it as HL "jumping" up and down excited about their win, not as a disrespectful nature of "stomping" on the G in the middle of the field. There is a major difference.

In closing, Gallatin, once again, I can understand how bitter you are, especially against TSSAA and McGavock. But, all Hunters Lane did was to hand you a loss on your home field. Don't be bitter with them and don't tie them in with all metro teams. That would be the same as saying you are just the same as H'ville and Beech. Different programs and different coaching staffs. If there was any "classness" at all that night it was from some of the adults of Gallatin for their actions after the game. Good luck in your appeals Gallatin and Good Luck Hunters Lane against Antioch and then in the playoffs.

I'm truly a sportsfan!!

It's late, I'm going to bed!! ;)