MJ at Stratford

theman99

Well, looks like for the second straight week, MJ was outmatched physically. Stratford ran an offense that MJ hasnt seen much of this year and it took a while for the Bears' D to adjust. Stratford has a good but very undisciplined team, I cant even begin to count the amount of penalties they had called tonight. But of course MJ did nothing to benefit themselves. By the way, Stratford's band and PA announcing needs a little toning down. Bands playing during the game constantly AND a PA announcer that does play-by-play. Unacceptable. MJ pulled a fake FG early in the game and as the play started to develop, he gets on and yells "Its a fake!". Not to mention how he was communicating with individual players during the game. "Good escape Jason" (or whatever his name was) he says after elluding a rush and throwing the ball away. Sorry, thats unacceptable to me and I'll end by saying MJ was outskilled tonight. Thank you.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Sounds like this guy should have been making a highlight video instead of announcing. Sorry MJ lost. I was hoping that you would whup Statford. . I hate hearing their coach when he calls the radio show on 98.9. He is so high on himself.

Theman, you are correct, the pa and band shouldn't have been allowed to do what they did. I am not making excuses for the Bears, but I think the band and the stupid pa announcer had something to do with the way the Bears played in the 1st half. Bands shoudn't be allowed to play while the oppsing team is on the field, or at least not while the ball is in play. The pa shouldn't do a play-by-play or say "good escape jason" during play. It was totaly ridiculous.

I wasn't going to say anything about this game, but I changed my mind. The night started off on the drive over, but went downhill upon arrival.

1. $2.00 to PARK

2. $6.00 ADMISSION (I have never seen a regular season game cost more than $5.00.

3. As soon as I get in the gate, I hear F-Bombs, G-D Bombs, you name it, I heard it within 30 seconds of walking in.

4. The Band would not shutup. And they played some God Awful songs. Not to mention the dancers. They seriously looked like they were stripping, but leaving the clothes on.

5. The PA fellow. Has to be the most ignorant person I have ever witnessed in public. Would not shut up when the ball was in play. Complained to the REFS over the PA. Even encouraged the crowd to BOO when MJ did something good. Pure ignorance.

6. The Stratford fan base. MJ seriously had at least a 2-1 ratio on them. What's sad is there were people standing outside the stadium to watch the game because they probably couldn't afford to pay $6 to get in the gate, I know I barely got in, cause I only bring what I think will be enough money to go to the game, get in, buy something to eat, and leave. Well needless to say, I didn't get to eat. It was Senior Night, and MJ outnumbered the Stratford fans. Pitiful.

Does this have to do with why MJ lost, Lord NO. It does have to do with it was the worst atmosphere I have ever been in in a very long while. I will not go back to Stratford for a long time. Well there's my tangent, I'll shut up now.

Edited by toejamwarrior

hahaha....gotta lovemy old school....i went to the NW game there and we had plenty of fans....i ahve no clue why there wasnt plenty for thr MJ game

there is always local neighborhood kids hanging out side the fence trying to watch the game

i have no cle who the PA guy is ......must be a new teacher

if you have a prob with the majorettes i guess you havent been to other metro schools....i.e. whites creek,maplewood,pearl....so on and so on.....its just the inner city thing to do

why all this has to do with the football team is above me.....these guys are doing great this year and all everyone can talk about is the PA guy and lack of attendance

It's called Region6AAAA football. Get used to it. This should have been expected when the decision was made to drop down from the classy and lucrative AAAAA region.

Why do you think Wilson Central was dying to move out of Region 6AAAA?

2nd rate football and empty bleachers. Lots of athletes though.

Yippee!

To defend the band, well I like them playing all the time. Sorry, coaching at NW, we enjoy the metro attitude with band and football spirit. Guys, this is how bands are at those schools. You must have never been to a Pearl Cohn football game. Hello, these kids are the best half time show in the state. Check them out sometime. When they came to our house 3 weeks ago, the bible belt almost went nutts. Those girls wear little to nothing, and are a huge distraction to opposing teams.

The parking and cost is crazy. I have been to many out of clarksville games and only paid $5 for the game, but charging to park on public property. School grounds is public parking area and someone should check into this, because I do not believe you should squeeze every penny from your fans our opponents just to make a dollar. Drop the price and your concessions will become better. For the mouths, well, if you do not know better you act that way. When I was at the NW game it was bad mouths everywhere. The area has made these students tough, and this is how they feel they have to act at times.

The announcer is a jerk. It is against tssaa to call the play-by-play, if you are giving away plays. He is not supposed to give up any play during the game. However, he does make it fun for their fans and maybe that is what they need. Not every school can be a class act. AKA: NW, Mt. J, WH, PC, NE, and others. Good luck this week Mt. J.

You know what, you MJHS fans are really giving your own school a bad name. Our regular announcer could not be at the game so we had a fill in. It was the first time he ever called a game and I think he did a fine job. Get off his case. If the kids on the field are listening to the announcer then they are not focused. The bands of Metro are quite different but that does not make them bad (as a matter a fact I saw plenty of your own band members dancing to the SHS band tune as they were preparing for halftime). I have read you all complaining about everything but the game itself. The fact of the matter is that you lost and we won. You're just mad because you are out of the playoffs. You had a much better season than you have in the last couple of years so you should be happy about that and get off of Stratford. Coach Johnson has done wonders with the boys and the football program. Mrs. Elliott has done great things within the school. Just face the fact that you played an excellent team. Not taking anything away from you but stop making excuses for your loss. If you open your minds a little bit you will see that East Nashville does not = horrible things. There are bad people and decisions everywhere. Mt. Juliet is not perfect either.

suckitup, I clearly stated right off the bat in my first post (refer to the first post in this thread) that Stratford was clearly the better team Friday. So I dont see the excuses I'm "making to cover up how bad MJ has been playing", cause they have been playing poorly. I only said that the band was annoying and the PA announcer (fill-in or not) was trying to take over the show himself. Also, it doesnt matter if we had twice as many fans as SHS because we couldnt capitalize on any of the 4738563450345 penalty yards against the SPAHTANS...and yes the H is there on purpose. Anyway, SHS deserved to beat us because like I said on Friday, they ran an offense that we simply didnt have the athletes to stop, plain and simple. So tone down the penalties and you guys have a good shot later on, because good playoff teams will capitalize on your mistakes. This was intended to be a positive post for Stratford so I dont wanna hear any crap about how Im putting them down.