Mustangs-Rebels

mood1801

BigDMcK,

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you are 100% sold out for the Rebs. I would just hope that in the future you would stop and think about what you're saying before you post. With a username such as yours you are, whether or not you like it, representing us all. You must realize that most of these people are baiting you to try to get a rise out of you. Don't let them get to you. Let's let the players do most of the talking on the field and let's stick to what we do best...going crazy in the stands. Go Rebs!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the way I see it.

Quarterback Adv.-McK

Running Backs Adv.-H'don

Receivers Adv.-McK

O-Line Adv.-???(maybe even)

D-Line Adv.-H'don

Linebackers Adv.-McK(but maybe even)

Secondary Adv.-Even

Kicking Adv.-McK

Punting Adv.-H'don

Speed Adv.-H'don

Depth Adv.-H'don

Desire & We'll see Friday night.

Toughness

Keys to the game:

McK-must put points on the board early to gain confidence & find a way to slow down H'dons RB's.

H'don-must put pressure on Hayes and let that stable of RB's loose.

Good post PapaJohn...

Heres the way I see it. For McKenzie to have a chance in this game Hayes must be PERFECT. Huntingdon should go in knowing they are going to give up a few big plays...stay in their gaps and don't get suckered and let Cook run loose on draws with the field being so spread i.e. Spurriors Fun and Gun. I believe this will be the most telling stat...McKenzies ability to rush the ball. Secondly will be turnovers. Our secondary is playing pretty good right now and the linebackers have been exceptional in coverage, so if our d line can control the rush, and we can get that pressure you mentioned I like Huntingdons chances. Right now I'm going Huntingdon 38 McKenzie 20.

Here is the way I see it.

The game comes down to McKenzie's D stopping the Huntingdon awesome stable of RB's. And Huntingdon stopping McKenzie's passing attack.

Now, in the past, Huntingdon has ran the Wing T. This year have they not went to a I formation? We saw early in the season that McKenzie's stuffed people when they ran in the I. I will say though, they have not seen any talent that compares to Huntingdons backs. So, McKenzie must control the line of scrimmage on both Defense and Offense. McKenzie on offense, they must find someway to rush the ball. The line has to be able to give Cook holes to run in the middle. Huntingdon has too much speed for Cook to bounce outside. Hayes must have time to throw and he can not, I repeat can not force the ball. He has to make good decisions and the receivers must keep making the catches they have made all year. On defense, they must get push and cause havoc in the backfield. Now, if I was Huntingdon and I have watched the last 3 game films of McKenzie (Chester Co and Dresden), I would go back to the Wing T b/c McKenzie has had trouble stopping it. The LB's must cross check the backs and watch the guards pulling to take them to the ball. The DE must stay at home, check reverse and not get sucked in.

DB's also must be disciplined and not think that all Huntingdon is going to do is run, run, run. They must play pass first and run second.

Special Teams: Kick off coverage. McKenzie must stay in there lanes and make sure tackles.

What is McKenzie's depth situation? Huntingdon only has a couple of kids going both ways and they split time on offense. Hillsman is the only true 2 way player for Huntingdon. Unless the Rebels score early and get some serious momentum, the depth factor will play a large role as the game wears on. Bell is as good a natural runner as you will see in this area and unlike in years past, he doesn't go down easily. The I has enable him to use his natural skills to the fullest and his numbers prove he has responded. He's good. Don't expect to see the wing T. This is a different Mustang team. Oh yeah, they can throw a little too.

I haven't seen McKenzie this year but I did see them last year. I know Cook is an excellent back with power and speed. The spread offense obviously gives them an opportunity to do some things that most teams in West TN don't see so that gives them an advantage in most games they play. Hayes is obviously the real deal and can make some good things happen for the Rebels. The Mustangs corners, Weathers particularly are short and prone to the fade. The safeties must do a good job of reading Hayes and helping on anything over the top.

What's gonna happen? As it most football games, the team who controls the line of scrimmage and takes care of the football will win. Huntingdon has done that all year with the exception of the Milan game and Bell had 120+ yards in that one. If one team turns the ball over and gives up some easy scores, it could turn into a long night for the other. Huntingdon should prevail because they have more good athletes. Turnovers, penalties, etc. could change that. I look forward to an exciting game and just hope that the fans let the kids play it out and not get too caught up in the emotions of the evening

Edited by BrewVol

Big D.............I know this is childish, but I will post what I want when I deem it necessary. sls brought up a good point and I had enough of the blind faith and red tinted glasses that I used to look through and that you have found.

But I will say this, Coach Comer, your father, and the rest of the staff have done a magnificent job with our team. I says a lot for a staff to abandon what they believe in (the run) and to utilize our obvious strengths in Hays, our size, and above average speed.

What happened in McKenzie 3 years ago is what coaches all around West Tennessee have actually feared............that someone that knew what they were doing was going to be hired at McKenzie. We have that in Coach Comer. I also believe that bringing the younger Chappell back has given us a huge lift as well.

I want the ultimate success, a state championship. IMO, the only way we are going to get that state title to prepare against the best every week, like Milan, Westview, and UC do every single year. The proof is in the pudding.

On that note, I would like to say GO REBELS!! and may both teams compete hard and well, stay injury free, and bring a state title to 6-2A.

it's time i but my two cents in. by the way i'm glad someone is finally talking about how the game will go. it will be emontional at first and the rebels will play with a lot of passion. the mustangs will be very buisiness like. in the end the speed and depth of the mustangs will be too much for the rebels to handle. the game will be close till the half. bell and donald will be the best pair of runners the rebels will see all year. i predicted earlier that the score will be 42-21 and i'm sticking to that.

What is McKenzie's depth situation? Huntingdon only has a couple of kids going both ways and they split time on offense. Hillsman is the only true 2 way player for Huntingdon. Unless the Rebels score early and get some serious momentum, the depth factor will play a large role as the game wears on. Bell is as good a natural runner as you will see in this area and unlike in years past, he doesn't go down easily. The I has enable him to use his natural skills to the fullest and his numbers prove he has responded. He's good. Don't expect to see the wing T. This is a different Mustang team. Oh yeah, they can throw a little too.

I haven't seen McKenzie this year but I did see them last year. I know Cook is an excellent back with power and speed. The spread offense obviously gives them an opportunity to do some things that most teams in West TN don't see so that gives them an advantage in most games they play. Hayes is obviously the real deal and can make some good things happen for the Rebels. The Mustangs corners, Weathers particularly are short and prone to the fade. The safeties must do a good job of reading Hayes and helping on anything over the top.

What's gonna happen? As it most football games, the team who controls the line of scrimmage and takes care of the football will win. Huntingdon has done that all year with the exception of the Milan game and Bell had 120+ yards in that one. If one team turns the ball over and gives up some easy scores, it could turn into a long night for the other. Huntingdon should prevail because they have more good athletes. Turnovers, penalties, etc. could change that. I look forward to an exciting game and just hope that the fans let the kids play it out and not get too caught up in the emotions of the evening

To be honest, most of McKenzie's players play both ways w/ the exception of Hayes. Hollowell on D doesn't go both ways. Cook does and Howell does play offense occasionally. So the advantage does go to Huntingdon if this is the case.

Now, if I was Huntingdon and I have watched the last 3 game films of McKenzie (Chester Co and Dresden), I would go back to the Wing T b/c McKenzie has had trouble stopping it.

Actually, I thought Chester County had more success running out of the power-T than the wing-T. Your linebackers got into the backfield during all the misdirection of the wing-T and usually threw our backs for a loss.

No way you'll see Huntingdon change their base offense in week 10. You may have defended well against other teams in the I, but H'don isn't like any of those other teams. Bell will be the fastest and most elusive back you've seen all year.

first of all i would like to say h town will come out with a victory why because they have DB that want to do nuthin but make an interception SCOTT HAMPTON KENNETH PORTER an run it all the way fo 6 the linebackers also an h town running game donald in play an bell wow cant wait to see wat milan got for this

Huntingdon 42

Mckenzie 7 umm 0

first of all i would like to say h town will come out with a victory why because they have DB that want to do nuthin but make an interception SCOTT HAMPTON KENNETH PORTER an run it all the way fo 6 the linebackers also an h town running game donald in play an bell wow cant wait to see wat milan got for this

Huntingdon 42

Mckenzie 7 umm 0

:angry:

What did you say?