district 7 predictions

Guest Oakland

Alright, it's time to get things started for all us poor folk that don't want to pay for a plus membership.

My rankings for District 7AAA:

1. Blackman: David Price makes all of the difference here. If he plays they are here, if not they are about 4th or 5th.

2. Riverdale: This is a vote purely on talent. They have the most talent in the district. However, this is the story every year and they never accomplish anything. I actually look for them to be lower but you can't doubt talent. Labryon Lyons is one of the 3 best players in the district.

3. Lebanon: Doug Keil going here makes all of the difference. What he accomplished in Warren County with less talent is impressive. Now he has more speed. This team could be on top.

4. Warren County: The talent is there with Reese Bishop, one of the 3 best players in the district to carry them. They are young and have a new coach or they would be higher.

5. Oakland: I know, everyone else is picking these guys to win it all. If they do it will be on coaching. They graduated their team last year in Barker and Duggin. Their youth all ended up at Siegel. I just don't see them winning this competitive district.

6. Cookeville: Will have a hard time replacing Mario. Lots of young talent, but that's the problem, it's young.

7. White County: Great shooters, just NO size. Coach Slatten is a better coach than everyone gives him credit for. Looked good this year at some camps. Could give some teams a scare.

8. Siegel: Too early for this year. They do have the best young player in the district in Keith Ramsey. These guys will get some wins in the district, just not enough.

With all of that said, this is an impossible district to guess at. Whoever wins the district will likely have 3+ district losses. With each team playing 14 district games, that number could be much higher. Tie-breakers will most definitely be needed at the end of the year. I can legitimately see any of the top 5 in my predictions winning the season and not making regions. This is going to be a GREAT year in District 7AAA. Another prediction: all 4 teams in the second round of the region will be from 7AAA, with all of 8AAA going out in the first round. An up year for one and a down year for the other.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

rastabob, i can see your reasoning behind puttin oakland 5th and to most people it makes sense. losing duggin and barker no doubt hurts, but king doesnt rebuild, he reloads. everybody already knows about brady,nick,ro and randy, but look for matt joines and devon boyd to make some contributions this year as well, as well as that much heralded transfer oakland is getting from mississippi. look for oakland to make a lot of noise as this team is as capable of making it to murphy center as anybody else in the midstate, in my opinion this team will be team better than last years, hope i am right

I think the district is wide open with the M'boro schools and Lebanon fighting for the top. Oakland has great guard play, Riverdale has Lyons and solid inside game with Perkins and Onwu, Blackman has Price, and Lebanon will be very athletic.

I can not understand why Coach Burks is considered overrated. he has took Riverdale to the region in 3 of his 4 years while having to wait till mid December (after football) to have his full squad. I agree that Coach Turnham is a great coach but Riverdale had not even had a winning season or reached the region in the previous 5 years before Burks became the coach. Not to mention that Riverdale ended a 26 game losing streak to Oakland with Burks' first squad. Coach Burks is young with still a lot to learn, but he has Riverdale on the right track.

Guest Oakland

whats your opinion on how district 7 will shape up this year gomab? randymc i am kinda interested to see your thoughts on how region 4 will do as well

Edited by oakland2001

Oakland was the dominant team in the District last year at 11-1 but I do not see them repeating this year. They lost almost 45 ppg in the three seniors (Barker, Duggin, Harb) and I don't think they can make that up. Watson is not a scorer and Murray and Tate are too unpredictable. Joines will give them some offense on the inside and Neal can shoot the three but I do not think they have enough to compete against Riverdale and Blackman.

Guest Oakland

agreed with tate and murray were too unpredictable, but this is a new year. i am in no way saying oakland will be able to easily replace derrick, but i think i oakland can more than make up his loss as far as scoring wise 3 very solid post players in darian, matt, and robert, not to mention 6-8 lucas jones as well. barker's scoring will be easily replaced by oakland's plethora of wings and guards. this is put or shut up time for the class of 2003, their whole careers they have had to live in the shadow of barker,duggin, and harb. this year they will get the chance to prove that they can be just as successful, and granted while oakland may not be 11-1 this year, they will be right there with riverdale at the very end, because oakland has the best coach in the district, heck the best coach in the region, in randy king

My prediction of Gomab's prediction:

1-3: the Murfreesboro schools minus Siegel

4: Cookeville

5: Lebanon

6: Siegel

7 & 8: Warren and White County

Why? Because this is always the way he leans. If Siegel had one senior, they would be number 4.

I think Warren might suprise some people and finish a little bit higher this year

Guest Oakland

i think warren may suprise a few folks as well, but we are about to find out if keil was really that good, or did warren co have some real legit talent? i think it maybe a lil bit of both. but one things is for sure, this could be the toughest district, top to bottom in middle tennessee this year