Knoxville Top 5

AusDan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Hutchens is a very underrated coach. 41 wins the last 2 years. Having to compete with the Chattanooga teams. They won a conference Championship last year. They beat an extremely talented Notre Dame team last year. They beat a team out of Louisiana that had three guys sign Division I scholarships. Now that's coaching. Even though they are in DII they do not recruit players. Coach Hutchens is winning with guys from his feeder schools, Sacred Heart, St. Joseph's and St. John Neuman. I've follwed their program for three years now and they do an excellent job.

I think South-Doyle will be very respectable this season. Johnson is a great finisher and should do well all season. The coaching is sound and the senior leadership is in place. And the way you guys are singing the praises of Coach Smith, it would seem UT is knocking down his door to replace Buzz if UT doesn't make the Tournament this year. I guess we can see how good S-D is today at the Karns playday, although I know little about their opponents -- Greenback and CAK

I can tell you that SOuth Doyle beat Greenback by about 50 points ( No kidding and the first team played only 2 qtrs.) and then with no rest turned around and beat Harriman by about 13 or 14. They scored over 70 points both games. Their transition game is unbelivable.

Just one more thing - they were missing 4 of their players out of their rotation.

Very anxious to see how they do in their scrimmages this week.

Redrage Carter I mean come on they we won 5 games last year. I played with those guys and unless the new coach has at totaly new attitude adjustment for them they will continue to stuggle. Plus I have heard reports about thier shooting so they may have to turn to running the ball and pressing to score. They may not have lost two of the most flashy players from last years team but they lost work ethic and dedication. These guys would make up the most ridiculous excuses to miss pratice. This year they will struggle but i agree that in a year or so they will be a good team finishing third or higher in the district. The reason the guys that are now cant win is because they dont listen to coaches and they just do whatever they want.

Edited by jwalker

Splains, how do you think that will work at Carter? Darden and Mims got the kids to play and they played hard, but they weren't the most disciplined bunch around.

Coach Mitchell's style is just what the doctor ordered. He rules with the iron fist I've seen an improvment already in the way they handle themselves. The big thing is the kids RESPECT coach Mitchell, and believe in what he is teaching so the building blocks are being layed.

Carter might not win every game or be over .500, but I think they will start to make progress. I do think we will be better than 5-20. WE just gotta remember "Rome wasn't built in a day"

If ya'll don't have anything to do come on out to Strawberry Plains on November 20 for MITCH MADNESS at CHS it's our First game against Rutledge.