tophat

What has been happening with the Soddy kid? I have heard of a couple of losses including one to Cookeville in the Soddy tourny. He is still ranked and apparently very good, but how is he being beat? I've also seen a lot of talk about Puckett (Gibbs) and Shelton (Kenwood). Is a Rudas-Puckett finals out of the question? How have they done against each other in the past?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many 103's that can place. Shelton has been dominating, but has trouble with high technique wrestlers. I think That 103 is wide open. Puckett is a returning place winner, along with Rudas. Those would be my two favorites, with Shelton being able to beat anyone, but he will lose along the way and get either 3rd or fifth. Anything can happen at this weight class, but I believe one of those three wrestlers will win states.

Another freshman 103 to look out for is Brandon Kendall of McMinn Central. He had some trouble early in the year making weight but now he's making it every day. He's beat some fairly tough kids and he made some really dumb mistakes against the little guy from Webb and still went to the second period. He's got a good chance at state and he's only been wrestling about 2 months. Watch out for him.

If I'm not mistaken, the reason the Soddy 103 has been ranked so high all year is because he beat Rudas. Was it a fluke or has Soddy just faltered several times? Moving away from the Chattanooga area after graduation in December, I haven't seen many of the top wrestlers compete this year. I did have the opportunity to work in the Red Bank wrestling room for a while, and it is a shame that Royster couldn't keep his weight down. He would have turned some heads I think.