District 13AA

twhoops

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chops chps chops.....how dare you pick against the young and inexperienced chargers.

Same story as the last few years, just different characters.....

1/2 Gibson Co-they are huge, can they find a guard to get it up the floor? ( Russell can ) Martin Westview-young and inexperienced, but lots of talent.

3/4/5. Dyer County, Obion County, and Crockett will battle for the 3/4/5 positions....

6. UC in the bottom.

Im not for sure what we will look like this year but, I think many will be surprised. We went 22-3 this summer with losses to Northside by 14, McNairy by 10, and Adamsville by 6. We have alot of growing up to do with no seniors in the starting lineup.

Our strength of schedule is incredible, playing Jackson County, Shelbyville, Dyersburg twice, to go along with the traditionally brutal 13AA schedule.

As for Union City they will give Crockett all they want for 5th. In any case this district will be very competitive from 1-4th.

twhoops-why would you set up such a brutal schedule for such a young team?? Not a criticism, just a question??? Aren't you afraid of just being demoralized after you play OS and JC?? I know that you have to play the best to be the best, but I was just wondering about your logic here....again not a criticism, just a question. I would like to see more teams in West TN mix it up with the teams from the other part of the state. Thanks.... B);)

c-hoops......after Christmas, we'll see where this district stands....

Gibson Co. will start off with a great record (and finish with one) but, I 'm not sure others in the district will know just how good they are, I hear they are huge!!!

Westview will struggle early with a brutal schedule ( Mississippi tourney, Beach Ball Classic in Myrtle Beach, along with Harpeth Hall, Chester County, and a couple of more tough games) if the 'View is 6-5 or 7-4 after Christmas, with all that young talent, the Wizard will have a plan!!!

Dyer County...starting with Jackson County and Oliver Springs, WOW...if ya'll come back from that trip just losing from a combined 30 points, then DC will be in the mix of it.

Crockett Co....I thought they had alot of up and coming talent, last year they had a young little quick guard that was fantastic and gave Westview a few problems...Was she a senior???? What about the girl in the car wreck to end the year last year?? They ended on a good run, and LaRue will have a plan....

Obion County will miss the girl who transferred, probably start off on fire again, and dwindle in the end...

Union City...who knows

Should be exciting.....I say Gibson County and somebody (either Westview, I hope, or Dyer County/Obion County) will be in the substate this year....does the other region have anything this year? Brighton has a sophomore that could be unbelievable....substate should be easier for someone w/o Ridgeway this year, looking at Oakhaven and Hillcrest (lightning quick lefty guard named Whitney Houston) probably as early favorites to come out of Memfis....

I can't wait, how many hours is it till game time????

Edited by WesCharge

I didn't say anything about playing OS, I said we play Shelbyville and that would be a step up I assume. The logic behind playing such a tough schedule is to show this young team what it takes to make it to the next level. It's our job as coaches to focus on the positives and let this be an early season learning experience. If we are competitive it may be a huge spring board for the rest of the season. Being on the floor with Street and Smith preseason top 5 and the last 4 AA state champions on back to back nights will be a great honor for our up and coming program.

Oops, Obion Co is playing Oliver Springs in the Lawrenceburg tourney....sorry

Shelbyville instead....the line just went from 30 to 60. I would hope "the little man" takes it easy because there aren't many programs (DC isn't one of them, nor are there others around here) that can stay within 50 or 60 points if he doesn't help the situation. I'll be watching that score....

wescharge, is the beave still around here somewhere??????? havent seen him lately.

I'm still here. I'm just taking more of an observatory role in this early going.

I just want to know if Yoda is still around!! ;)

I want some more of his inside scoops and mislead observations. ;)

1) GC

2) Westview

3) Obion Co.

4) Dyer Co.

5) Crockett Co.

6) Union City

3-5 could change at anytime during the season. UC is running and gunning this year. I hope they have found/developed a shooter or it could be another long campaign.

Flip a coin with DC. If the team that played Westview at DC shows up more often than not, they could leap frog into a mix for the title as well.

Experience and coaching will keep Westview a solid second and in a serious run at the top spot in the district.

Westview will go as Wescharge goes. If he stays on the wagon, the ship will sail, if not..............I fear for his safety. ;)

Edited by thebeave