What is the chance of repeating in Giles Co.?

Mustang2Redhawk

Giles County will be good this year and should make it make it back to the state tournament. They lose two leaders in Eric Howard and Tristen Fletcher who were the heart of the team. They probably add Justin Morris, Channing Coffey, or Deron Garrett into the starting line up to accompany Shay Shannon, Kash Givens , And Tyler Smith. The big question is who will play point? They will definitely be tall and athletic with a superstar in Tyler Smith to lean on. But dunks don't necessarily win state championships. Raleigh Egypt and Bolivar are better teams that are loaded with talent in every position. Giles County needs someone else to unexpectanly step up and provide scoring relief for Tyler Smith. Shay Shannon has shown glimpses of that, but needs to be more consistant this year for them to have a chance.

I don't know much about Giles. All I know is what i saw in the State last year when they played us (Fulton) and Giles was a GOOD team last year. Congrats on the title by the way. But I would have to say that as long as they have Tyler Smith...they'll make it to the Championship....whther they win or not will be up to their team.

I also wanna add that the support for this basketball team was OUTRAGEOUS. We drove all the way to Murfreesboro to support our boys...but there was maybe a total of 60 Falcon fans there. But not for Giles....No ya'll had the place packed!!! And loud!!! And I would just like to tell you that that kinda support and excitement is what will keep the fire from last year alive for Giles County. Fans have a role in it too....The boys need to feel that excitement and adrenaline rush in those hundreds or thousands fo fans to maintain a high for them!!!

As long as Giles has Tyler Smith and fans like that....then yeah they'll be goin back to murfreesboro. Not to take anything away from the other players....like i said i don't know much about Giles...But I know about some Tyler Smith!

Good Luck Giles!

As ALWAYS........GO FALCONS!!!!!!!

Thanks PiGeOnS4LiFe, it's nice to know people took notice of our fan base. The guys will be very strong this year. The fans will be there for them. I hope there as ready to get going as I am. This year will be more difficult than last because were not going to sneak up on anyone. I really believe there up to the task. I talked to Kash during the summer and he said that he will probably be running the offense. While Tristan, Eric and the bench mob are going to be hard to replace, I think there will be more depth by the time tournaments start. We have some outstanding young talent coming in. These guys expect to win every time they take the court, and so do there fans!