Another Sad Day For Warren County Soccer

wc15

Ben helped start the Ayso program in Warren Co in 1983. He still was very instrumental in Ayso to this day. Just saw him at Pistole Park complex on Tuesday. He helped coach many select soccer teams (Cosmos and Lady Cosmos) in Warren Co. Also helped me in my first year as middle school coach in Warren Co. He sponsored radio broadcasts of High school girls and boys and girls soccer in Warren Co. I would say he has done more or as much as anyone in Warren Co. to help soccer grow. He will be missed.

Alan Brownyard

Thanks for the posts remembering Ben. I knew and worked with Ben for years as a coach, ref, and soccer association member. His two daughters played for my select teams and indoors in the past. He was deeply devoted to his family, community, and players that he coached. He will be missed. Best wishes for and condolences to his family.

Ben pretty much built the WC soccer program from the ground up when he came here. The final four team from WC can pretty much owe that to him since he started most of them out on his select team. He always wanted us to be great and that showed that we were. I can honestly say I am a better player because of him and will deeply miss him in the coming years.