Best team in Tennessee

falconfan94

BigRedBut, don't limit it to Tennessee. MBA is the best team in the entire southeast...no, the entire nation...probably the world. Any team ranked above MBA got their ranking illegally...maybe a bad call or two, or a bad clock, or something out of the ordinary. I'm sure there's never been a high school team that could beat MBA fairly...and probably not many college teams, either.

There, you happy?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

big red you've got MBA stuck so far up your rear you can't see day light. I bet you have an excuse for every MBA loss. Your kicker can't even make a 10 yarder. And that was a great snap by the center FRi. night. Oh I forgot it was the refs that beat you. Maybe you guys should try Maryville on for size. They would beat you on coaching alone. Thats all I'll have to say on this subject. I'ts all a matter of opinion anyway.

Karns.......

Let’s face it. People in general, and particularly on this site, hate MBA. They’ve hated MBA since I graduated (approaching two decades) and long before then. I live Coacht.com every day at work, and it makes me just as sick there as it does on here. I am chastised for having gone to MBA, yet I form no negative opinion on my co-workers who went to public schools. People see the Senate Majority Leader (an MBA grad) and families like the Ingrams (a billionaire family who sent kids to MBA) and think that anyone associated with MBA is a rich blue-blood. That is just not the case. I just got back from the grocery in Brentwood wearing my CoachT.com shirt, and anyone who knows what CoachT.com is would not have been able to figure out if I were a Brentwood High or a Brentwood Academy supporter (or neither in this case). I finally just sold a 13-year-old car that I had been driving since the year I graduated from college – not exactly high society.

As it relates to football, the general feeling on here is “MBA has enough as it is; they don’t need to be good in football either”, and many people go out of their way to discredit MBA, fairly or not. People say a school like MBA recruits across the state or even country (I can provide links) yet ignore the fact that two of its best players in the last decade – Hunter Hillenmeyer ( a 5th round draft pick in the 2003 draft) and Will Bartholomew (starting fullback for the national title UT team) – lived within three miles of the school, did not receive a red cent of financial aid, and were both outstanding students (Hillenmeyer had a 1450+ on his SAT) and college leaders. I just laid out the teams DII-AAA schools have beaten over the last seven years – an impressive list – and the first comeback is “Well, D-B beat MBA in 2001”. While I think BigRedBud (or “Butt”, as one of you childishly called him) could take a slightly better approach in support of his school, I don’t blame him a bit for being defensive of his school when no credit at all is given. If you’re not going to give him/MBA credit for the wins over Oakland, Lincoln County, P-C, et al., he shouldn’t have to make excuses for pointing out MBA’s relative weakness in MBA’s 2001 loss to D-B.

I know a lot of you loved seeing MBA lose on Friday. I read between the lines in your posts. I know a lot of you will love to see MBA fall out of the national rankings – not because you believed in them in the first place but because you hated the fact that an unbiased source perceived MBA as the best team in Tennessee because of the ranking. I am more upset with the circumstances surrounding the loss than the loss itself. MBA has lost before and will lose again. If you people continue to hate MBA (or any other school) for what you think it is or for what it has, you’re going to deprive yourself of a lot of love for the things/people/teams you do like in life. It takes a lot of energy to hate, and it takes away from the energy you can devote to loving or being passionate about something else.

We’re going to be arguing this best in state issue until the end of time. We may as well be civil in doing it, especially since it’s a paper argument that will not be settled on the field. And if we’re going to make shots at other teams/leagues, at least back it up with data/results – they can speak volumes.

Let me be clear on something I said earlier.My post about MBA losing to BA had more to do with a personal dislike of national HS polls than an opinion about the game.I think the national polls are idiotic & pointless.I used MBA's ranking for the simple reason they had a ranking.If you want the truth BA is the one I strongly dislike & I would've prefered MBA had won the game.I don't think there's any question MBA has the best team in the state & will win the D2-AAA state title.

Rollred, I think if everyone would just stop trying to promote their team as "the best team in the state" all would be solved. If Lincoln Co. wins 5A Championship, then their the best 5A in the State, and so on. Thats the way the playoffs are set up. There is no single state champion. And I hate to throw water on your DB comment, but the Indians were not a very good football team through the first 5 games last year. DB had 5 key players go out of that game with injuries in the first half, and had a 2 td lead on MBA in the third qtr. I give all the credit to MBA for coming back and winning in a great game. Im trying to get my point accross that there is a group of 5A, 4A, and 3A teams that can play with the MBA's, and BA's. The coaches & players know this, but some fans don't.

I meant to post this earlier today. Obviously, as someone already stated, this thread has gotten way off-topic.

I just don't understand why the Maryville fans are getting all worked up over not getting enough "love" as many haven't included them in their Top Five. That takes absolutely nothing away from the fact that Maryville has a very good team, a great tradition, a solid program, and a very impressive win streak. That doesn't mean they aren't one of the ten best, or the twenty best. What difference does it really make? Either way, it's pretty elite company.

I just don't think they are one of the five best teams in TN. IMO, they'd barely crack the Top Five in D-II. Forget all the 5A teams that would have something to say about it. I simply think that MBA, BA, and CBHS are a cut above everybody else....THIS year. I think Lincoln County has the experience and talent, but I still think they're a notch below D-II's top three.

Rollred, I think if everyone would just stop trying to promote their team as "the best team in the state" all would be solved. If Lincoln Co. wins 5A Championship, then their the best 5A in the State, and so on. Thats the way the playoffs are set up. There is no single state champion. And I hate to throw water on your DB comment, but the Indians were not a very good football team through the first 5 games last year. DB had 5 key players go out of that game with injuries in the first half, and had a 2 td lead on MBA in the third qtr. I give all the credit to MBA for coming back and winning in a great game. Im trying to get my point accross that there is a group of 5A, 4A, and 3A teams that can play with the MBA's, and BA's. The coaches & players know this, but some fans don't.

I agree with all of the above.

BigRedBud Posted on Nov 2 - 08:08 PM

I meant to post this earlier today. Obviously, as someone already stated, this thread has gotten way off-topic.

I just don't understand why the Maryville fans are getting all worked up over not getting enough "love" as many haven't included them in their Top Five. That takes absolutely nothing away from the fact that Maryville has a very good team, a great tradition, a solid program, and a very impressive win streak. That doesn't mean they aren't one of the ten best, or the twenty best. What difference does it really make? Either way, it's pretty elite company.

I just don't think they are one of the five best teams in TN. IMO, they'd barely crack the Top Five in D-II. Forget all the 5A teams that would have something to say about it. I simply think that MBA, BA, and CBHS are a cut above everybody else....THIS year. I think Lincoln County has the experience and talent, but I still think they're a notch below D-II's top three. 

well for one thing you havn't been arguing with a MARYVILLE fan , WaCoJaCo is a DB fan . that seems to be the difference between us poor ol pitiful public schools and people like yourself with such an arrogant attitude . we at MARYVILLE give all great programs their due and realize that on any given night there's at least twenty or more programs across the state that could all beat each other . i'm not going to say that my team ( MARYVILLE ) Is definitely the best team in the state , none of that can be proven . all we can do is play within the rules set forth by the tssaa and play the teams in our regions and classifications . i would love to play the "elite " teams across the state as i'm sure any true competitor would . every time i see these threads about "the best team in the state " i groan !!! heres MARYVILLE , a team that has won 36 games in a row , 3 straight state championships , but they always get disrespected in some way . the same can be said also for MBA , BA , DB , RIVERDALE , ETC ETC , . these teams all deserve better than this !! i would never say MBA didn't deserve to even be in the top 5 in the state if they had won 36 games in a row , and 3 state championships in a row , like you did , i promise you that much !! i'm sure you and ROLLRED , are just like a lot of the MARYVILLE fans, and you get sick and tired of your team being put down undeservedly so by a lot of people who are just downright jealous , but i can see no reason why someone would feel they have to belittle the accomplishments of another high school team not even in your classification .

rollredroll Posted on Nov 3 - 08:37 AM

My thoughts exactly. I also was thinking of what the Maryville fans have to endure when I made my post. 

i guess as long as everyone keeps hating us , that means we're still winning !! part of the territory i guess !!! :angry: good luck in the playoffs rollredroll !! i'm sure you guys would love another crack at BA .