Central vs. Red Bank

BMO

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question if Hillian was ejected from last week's game against Hixson. Then he should be on the sidelines for tonight's game against RB correct? Flashback to last years game where Hillians kick pulled out the win for the Pounders. Who will take over in his place?

Edited by smookie

Hmm... Central has not gotten that second place finish exactly. Depending on the outcome of tonight's game Rhea vs. Cleveland then Central will know if they are going to have a second place finish and host a playoff game. If Rhea wins Central is 3 and goes on the road next week. If Rhea loses then Central can claim that 2nd spot. Yeah they may tie for second place in the region but TSSAA tiebreakers will regulate them to a 3rd place spot in the playoffs.

I cannot see Cleveland playing all their better players much at all tonight at Rhea County in a game that doesn't matter much to the playoff positioning. Why take a chance tonight and let someone get banged up over a meaningless game for Cleveland. When this game means stay home and host or go on the road.

smookie i understand that and have even thought about it. central's future is depending on cleveland.all we can do is go up to rhea and pull for the blue raiders to win.and if they do win...who will we tie with in the region?...rhea? and blu....do you know austin hillian? who do you pull for? please explain to me why you would say that a team that was 0-10 3years ago and then went 5-5 the next year and went to the playoffs and then went 7-3 the next year and may host a playoff game should drop football? i agree you have hard feeling about central for some reason and i cant imagine why.

red bank played a good game and central didnt. central didnt cause any turnovers and made some dumb mistakes. red bank did a good job of causeing the turnovers and to be honest they killed themselves on that 5 yard false start there at the end. that was the difference in them trying to throw twice into the endzone from the 10 and them running it twice with jackson from the 5. davenport had 170 rushing yards and pushed his total to around 1300. #75 daniel hall went out of the game with a hurt leg that they thought was a broken Tibia or Fibia, but x ray showed a really bad deep bone contusion. weather he will play next week is questionable. that injury came on very very bad sportmanship by red bank and it should have been a penalty since hall was the deep snaper on the extra point and we all know that high school guys cant get hit when they deep snap. but non the less good game.

blu never has any good comments, and as for the game being meaningless (cleveland -rhea), its still a game, i promise they will play their starters, unless they are up big at the half, i dont see how any team looks at a game like that, if it were preseason, maybe, but this one still counts in the record books, and for bragging rights. cleveland has a streak to end in this one, and they plan on ending it, if they didnt they would forfeit before it started. how dumb a statement to make that cleveland wont try hard or have their starters in for this game. i understand were yur getting at, but its simply not plausible.

I am sorry about my dumb statement, but think about this logically. Unless this game for Rhea and Cleveland held major ramifactions for Cleveland then play the stars the entire game. Why would you risk a starter like Barber in a game that doesn't mean much to Cleveland for playoff positioning. Gee whiz use a little common sense and see the light at the end of the tunnel. The ultimate goal is to be healthy as you can be in going into the playoffs, and have everyone ready to go.