Best players in district 7

screwyblaze

If this is about 7AAA, then here are my answers:

Blackman:

David Price, possibly best player in the district, expected to be a high draft pick in baseball, I have heard he may not play basketball, does anyone know anything

Ben Sneed, good athlete, ineligilble until Christmas

Riverdale:

LaBryon Lyons, probably best player overall, definitely best athlete, playing football for awhile right now

Gaston Miller, super soph, VERY quick, needs more control

Lebanon:

Andrew Donald, strong post, how will he fair in the new up-and-down style they will be playing?

Todd Cross, great shooter, super hustler, one of the hardest working players in the district

Warren County:

Reese Bishop, best player most have never heard of, not getting the press of Lyons because of size (only 6'), quickest player in the district, slasher, not a shooter

Josh Nunley, good size (6'6"), not tough, can't argue with the size though

Cookeville:

lots of youth, sophomore who played up last year, true team

Oakland:

last year's backups, still better than some teams' starters, just don't know their names

White County:

Seth England, heard he may not play, true fighter, not much athletically, just never stops

young shooters across the board

Siegel:

Keith Ramsey, top 10 soph. in the state, 6'7", needs to get stronger

very young team throughout

Guest Oakland

oakland:just loaded. ro murray,randy tate,nick watson, brady neal and thats just the guards. i feel at the end of the season matt joines will be one of the better players in the district as well

blackman: david price, isaiah phillips( him, not price is the key for blackman to be successful. with phillips last year they were just decent but when he came back they were beating people)

riverdale:labrian lyons, chris perkins, miller( if he can be consistent), they have a bunch of other solid contributers as well

We all see who the players for the Boro schools are. Does anyone know anything about the other 4 teams that play outside of the Boro? This could be the year for a team outside of the usual places to snag a district championship.

Well I can fill that in from the Cookeville stand point,

John Rader is returning, has a good shot and a leader, youth is how you can sum up the rest Addison Smith and Taylor Stearman are the young ones that will make a big impact, maybe young but can play

I agree with rastabob about Bishop from Warren County he is a great player, can make the big shots and is fairly consistent

Reese is a wonderful player that will begin to get his respect throughout the season. I wonder where Gomab has him listed. Warren Co.'s AAU team played the Ballerz according to their website. He has seen him but he doesn't have him on his top 30. He should be in the top 15-20. The only thing he is lacking is height, he's only 6'. He makes up for that with his quickness and his gunslinger attitude.

Guest Oakland

agreed rastabob, bishop could very well be the best player in the district, he wont kill ya with his shooting, but his quickness is what gets him his pts. people might wanna remember the name brooks majors as well, this guy can play!

• 3 weeks later...

although he might not be one of the best players in a very tough district, jermey moore will have the biggest impact on his team. he saw the floor, (for lebanon), when he was a freshman in the state game,and he has been the first off the bench for two years. he is very hungry and wants it more than anybody i have ever seen. he is the back bone for lebanon. good luck lebanon!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Oakland

i dont talk a lot of smack, its called an opinion shady, u should know that from our region pickem :D . i was just basing how oakland would on the returning players they have coming back, which there is enough talent to go around for oakland to win district 7. however, if the 1st 2 games are any indication of how this season will go, then oakland will finish middle of the pack instead of competing for a championship

White county has a very good freshman class coming in they all played on the AAU team call the "TopGuns" last year and one played with the Nike team so they should be very good in a couple of years, think the England kid is gone for awhile, not sure if he'll be able to go this year so that will definatley hurt them.

Cookeville has a very talented Sophomore class so they should most definatley be a force next year and the year after. :D