PEABODY TIDE

huskerfanbob

peabody definitely has the talent to repeat, but you never know. i mean, i don't know if it has anything to do with the coaching change or not, but they looked--and acted--like a completely different team at summer camp. did anyone else notice it? last year they seemed very humble. now they are not. they were very cocky (i guess winning the state will do that to you) and tried to verbally intimidate the other teams--which they were successful at. they were rude to the officials and argued with almost every call. i think the refs will not let them be as aggressive on their press this year just b/c of the way they act. maybe they will not act like this during the season. i hope not. if they do, they will be their own worst enemy. if they don't, they have a great chance of repeating.

Whoa, ptguard if that is true that thats crazy, I cannot believe that Peabody would act that way. You would think they would be more humble and less cocky about winning state and such. I know if I played High School ball and my team won state I would be EXTREMELY humble.

they should all be grateful that god even put this talent in each of their hands. Just play ball, and know what most important, ya know?

(sorry, not meaning to preach ;) )

First of all this is a very good group of Christian girls. Who knows how winning a state championship can change you? This is very unlike these girls. Do I see a little jealousy on the oppositons part If your theroy is true all it will take is one loss or two. I think you all are mistaking Cockyness with Lady Tide Pride. Bradford girls was put in the same boat. People confused their Confidence with Cockyness. Go Lady Tide.

After scrimmaging Peabody last week and having a chance to ref the game for two quarters I saw incredible talent displayed by the Lady Tide. They, barring injury will repeat, but a poor attitude is definately evident in many of the girls. They argued calls and verbally abused the opponent almost continuously. Success and power can destroy a team sometimes. I hope they remember what got them there and keep their priorities in order to bring another gold ball back to West Tennessee.