Hands down....THE biggest screw job....

BigRedBud

The official clock on the field only comes into consideration if the scoreboard clock has been suspected of malfunciton, that is the only way it reverts to control on the field. That is a coverup excuse for the officials who do have a way out. I have no rooting interest and have called bigger games than this one as a ref. Poor mechanics and poor team function that covered up a huge blunder by the officiating team at the end. The only proper thing to do is issue a letter of explanation and apology and suspend that ref team from ever working either team's game again.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The official clock on the field only comes into consideration if the scoreboard clock has been suspected of malfunciton, that is the only way it reverts to control on the field.  That is a coverup excuse for the officials who do have a way out. I have no rooting interest and have called bigger games than this one as a ref.  Poor mechanics and poor team function that covered up a huge blunder by the officiating team at the end. The only proper thing to do is issue a letter of explanation and apology and suspend that ref team from ever working either team's game again.

I think some of you guys are conspiracy theorists!

Edited by Brandon100

Brandon100 have you noticed at a high school game an offical who stands on the sideline usually at the line of scrimmage. He will have a switch in his hand that connects to a cord that will run into the pressbox. He uses this to start and stop the game clock(the scoreboard). The person in the pressbox who works the scoreboard (i.e putting the score ,downs,yards to go etc.) does not start and stop the clock on the scoreboard. He sets the time but does not actually run the game clock. The only time the officals keep time on the field is when the scoreboard clock doesn't work. If the scoreboard clock wasn't the same as the offical clock then it should have been turned off or it should have been reset to the correct time.This is not some kind of conspiracy the refs blew this call and they are covering there butts the best way they can. Its easy to say the scoreboard clock wasn't offical because most fans wouldn't know the difference.

Brandon 100 you are factually wrong which is critical to analysis. I am not a fan ot either school, just a football fan in general. I have met and worked with both Coach Flatt and Coach Rutledge in my medical capacity at Vanderbilt. I like each one tremendously. I worked my way through graduate school as a referee to pay my rent. I know my rules and procedures, obviously you do not. There is no conspiracey. I don't even care if MBA and BA meet again to let the issue be settled without controversy. I do know that a formal TSAA comment should go out early next week to each school. That is that. There were multiple errors by the officiating crew that just piled up at the end of the game and made the ending controversial. You take sides and expound your opinion to your heart's desire. That crew had poor mechanics and made a bad impression. When you call a few game and prove you know rules and procedures then come on here and make definiitive statements, otherwise you are just beating the drum to your own preferred tune. No conspiracy, just commentary as to why a ref crew ruined a great game by their lack of professionalism. I thought it was a great game that had many crucial turning points now obscured because of officiating incompetence. The only high school rooting interest I have is 400 miles west of here so don't put presumptions into place and expect them to be respected.

Brandon 100 you are factually wrong which is critical to analysis. I am not a fan ot either school, just a football fan in general. I have met and worked with both Coach Flatt and Coach Rutledge in my medical capacity at Vanderbilt. I like each one tremendously. I worked my way through graduate school as a referee to pay my rent. I know my rules and procedures, obviously you do not. There is no conspiracey. I don't even care if MBA and BA meet again to let the issue be settled without controversy. I do know that a formal TSAA comment should go out early next week to each school. That is that. There were multiple errors by the officiating crew that just piled up at the end of the game and made the ending controversial. You take sides and expound your opinion to your heart's desire. That crew had poor mechanics and made a bad impression. When you call a few game and prove you know rules and procedures then come on here and make definiitive statements, otherwise you are just beating the drum to your own preferred tune. No conspiracy, just commentary as to why a ref crew ruined a great game by their lack of professionalism. I thought it was a great game that had many crucial turning points now obscured because of officiating incompetence. The only high school rooting interest I have is 400 miles west of here so don't put presumptions into place and expect them to be respected.

rlpmd.....of course I don't think there is a conspiracy. The bottom line is that it just doesn't matter. BA won the game, and that is the way it is.

By the way, I will commend you for working as a ref in school. I wouldn't take that pressure any time.

I am not familiar with this game or the plays you are referring to-but all season long I have watched overweight, underconditioned men try to keep up with a game that has gotten faster than they can see and keep up with. It is a disgrace that young men on every team practice hard for months and men who have nothing invested but a ego make the decisions on the game. This year alone I have seen numerous penalties marked off the wrong yardage-flags thrown after consultation with a coach about the rules, decisions being changed after talking with one coach then go across the field talk to the other coach and the decision is changed again. Play halted for 10 minutes at a time because the refs are unsure of the rules.

I do not respect any official who the game has passed by and they are so egotistical that they will not sit down and let someone else do their job.

Like I said I am not sure what happened in this game- but disgrace is happening all over TN this year in football because of poor officiating

i have no dog in this fight , but i do agree with most that the time had expired , plus BRENTWOOD ACADEMY was not set when the ball snapped . the only thing i disagree with was a lot of people complaining about the spot in overtime . there is no way possible that was on the 6 inch line !! sorry guys , it looked like the refs actually got that one right . the announcers on CSS were total homers on that play . they replayed it several times and he wasn't close to the goal line .

other than that , yes MBA got hosed , but at least they should have a chance for some payback . i believe if they do have a rematch , this will all play to MBA'S advantage , and i would expect MBA to win going away .

While the referees may have screwed up procedure, there

is little doubt that an additional 2 to 3 seconds ran after

Tyler Griffin spiked the ball with 20 seconds to go. The

referees should have reset the scoreboard clock rather

than keeping the time on the field.

The point is this, the time should have been on the

clock regardless. Whether the 2 to 3 seconds was on

the scoreboard or the field, the teams would have

played the final play in the same manner.

I don't believe that the TV audience could have seen

this happen. You had to be in the stands. If the complaint

is that the 2 to 3 seconds didn't exist, then your argument

doesn't hold water.