Hands down....THE biggest screw job....

BigRedBud

I'm with you, itzme.  It's going to eat at me for awhile, but I will no longer comment on the controversy (don't hold me to it, but I'm going to try).

Go beat CBHS.

We'll try, I'm sure. No pushover, but I think we'd all love to see a rematch at the Clinic Bowl.

FYI, I still intend to hug my son and tell him "great game". Would have even if we'd lost.

Edited by itzme

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I am sorry that MBA's winning streak is over. At the same time, BA played a heck of a game, as well as MBA. It is my understanding that the scoreboard is not the same as the official clock. Am I right? Could it have been that there was more time than what the scoreboard showed?

The bottom line is that it really does not matter. MBA officially lost, and the USA Today ranking is toast. Now, the state championship is what they will play for. The State Championship game is what is really at stake, and I am sure that these guys will play each other again in that game. MBA has a great team.

I have always given MBA supporters credit for their humility and being gentlemen. Dust this loss off and go forward. Your whining will not change the score. It just shows you are sore losers. I am sure this loss hurts, but these were the cards you were dealt tonight. Just get ready to hopefully play in the State Championship. I remember what happened last year when we beat you guys in the regular season, and you beat the stuffing out of us (BA) in the State Championship. If these two teams match up for that game, I can assure you it will not be one to miss!

Way to go Eagles!!!!

It is my understanding that the scoreboard is not the same as the official clock. Am I right? Could it have been that there was more time than what the scoreboard showed?

The guys on Channel 2 just said the same thing. You know your stuff, B100.

I'm actually starting to feel a little better (the vodka isn't hurting, either).

As bad as this call was, it was an honest mistake made in the heat of a BIG battle. The refs certainly didn't intentionally make a bad call. And this call didn't end your season either.

You don't have to look far to find someone who has suffered much more than you because of a bad call this week. Gallatin is where our deepest sympathy should lie.

The Green Wave got ROYALLY screwed. And that was a case where the authorities could have easily corrected a wrong, but chose not to do so.

I know that is of little comfort.

The least we can say with confidence is that in THIS game, when BOTH teams were given the ball on the 10 yd line, BA proved to be the better team.

Good luck to both in the playoffs.

It is my understanding that the scoreboard is not the same as the official clock.  Am I right?  Could it have been that there was more time than what the scoreboard showed? 

The guys on Channel 2 just said the same thing. You know your stuff, B100.

I'm actually starting to feel a little better (the vodka isn't hurting, either).

Hi Roll Red Roll, good to hear from you. Wouldn't mind the vodka myself. I'll have to settle for a chocolate bar from my kids' Halloween baskets.