Volunteer Falcons

CHHS72

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WaCo,

I'll ignore all your post except for two things... 1. The "soup bean" thing. "Soup" was a nickname that everyone used for a former player at Volunteer. This was not making fun and even he'd laugh at you saying it was. It was the guy's actual nickname and thats how he got it. LOL - nice try 2. Yes, I am an x-ump. I umped little league baseball for years after high school. :lol:

On to the thread...

I caught a portion of the Volunteer game on the radio in the truck tonight, but it faded out on me. Sounded like the Falcons were sticking it to Sullivan Central. Hope someone finds the time to drop the score and a few details. thanks

Satch, you mean you'll ignore the parts you can't explain away...right. Anyway I proved my point and Im through with it. As long as you stay off of me.

Great win for the falcons tonight......in a blowout! Good thing they wern't playing the Indians tonight. I'd be eatin' some crow!

WaCo :lol: JaCo

Great win, with super fan support....A packed gym should be the norn for us....we have a first place team...if you came to the game tonight,come back next Friday and bring a friend with you...Our kids played their hearts out....coaches as usual did a fantastick job...enjoy this and get ready for Happy Valley on Tuesday.

Go Falcons!!!

Volunteer 64

Sullivan Central 41

Ja Frazier 24

Lindholm 17

Hughes 10

Porter 6

JC Frazier 4

Gilreath 2

Ryans 1

Creasy, Eidson, Mann and Tipton played but did not score.

Great win!!! We wanted more than they did. We out hustled them. We out rebounded them. All round great win. This was the first time we have been at full strength all year.

I hope this is not the kiss of death on him but let me say that Michael Porter has picked up his level of play greatly over the last 3 or 4 ball games.

North got beat by Hampton Friday night. That helps in the conference race.

I hope only one because that is how many Volunteer has right now. Realistically I think the conference champ will have two or three and maybe four losses.

Volunteer still must go to Happy Valley, North, Central, Johnson County and Unicoi County. They have Hampton and Elizabethton left at home. I do not want to give any team any more incentive to beat Volunteer so I will not say which games I feel Volunteer will win and which games scare me the most.

Volunteer could go 7-0 or 4-3. It depends on how consistent they are and how good a game the other teams have.

hey WaCo

Last time I looked there is more than a hand full of All-State performers pictures on the wall at Volunteer. Last year there was 3 maybe 4 that I know of and 2 of those are still in school and their picture will not be placed on the wall until after they graduate in 2005.

2 in baseball, 1 in football and 1 in Track maybe more. In the spring I'm tied up in baseball so I'm not real sure about Track and Tennis, shame on me for not knowing.

The schools been around since 1980 so maybe after 60 or 70 years we will have as many as DB-Kingsport High who by-the-way has been around 60 or 70 years if not longer.

I'm not knocking DB's storied History (all those mythical State Championships and everything), I just think you should be able to give others some credit. Athletic ability does not stop at the Kingsport city limits, you being an Indian fan should know that. If it did, South,North, Central and Volunteer would not have been your best feeder systems over the years. Maybe Volunteers current rise in athletics come from kids staying "at home" and going to school in their own community. I came to this community 14 years ago from Colonial Hgts. and theres no other place I would rather be. The areas growing, the schools are getting better and better and the people are great, except for CHHS72 (just kidding buddy!!). There is a house for sale in my Neighborhood if it's not been bought by DB's star football-basketball players family, since you seem to think he's coming down here. Soooo if your looking to relocate this IS the place to be. Come jump on the Falcon bandwagon it's on the way to the top.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!

Good post, DandDD. I could not have said it better myself and I have been wanting to say it. Sometimes I have to slap my hands. Most of the time it works and I don't post something I sould not have. Your post is right on (told I'm an old man).

By the way, I want to compliment the referees in the game with Central last night. I thought they handled a couple of difficult siuations perfectly. They could have caused both teams a lot of unnecessary grief. They defused a couple of possibly volatile situations with much wisdom and care. Now if some of the other referees would learn from their example, I think a lot of the conflict between fans and referees could be eliminated. Thank you guys!!!! But you still let their big man stay in the lane too much (I just had to say that, can't let their heads get too big :D ).

Edited by CHHS72

Great win last night Falcons. What a TEAM effort. As usual Jacob, Jay and Chuck were awesome. Then you got two of the most unsong players in the Watauga in JC and Porter. Porter is playing as good as I have ever seen him play. John Carl is starting to get his legs and his intensity back and I think we are seeing just how much his leadership was missed during his illness.Those two are the glue that keeps this run and gun team together. We still got alot of tough road games left but I have a feeling Coach Whitt may have this team coming together.

Also, what a great crowd we had. It would be nice to see that every home game.

And the Cougars brought a large following. Being a Central grad myself it brings back memories of the fans support we had back in the days of Moody, Rutledge, and Owens. Good luck Cougars the rest of the season. See you again in a couple of weeks and hopefully District and Region time.

Hey CHHS72 when your boys graduate I hope they put your picture on the wall at Volunteer because you are definately an All-State fan. Keep it up, maybe we can root the Falcons on all the way to the State, this year or next.

All right....I've picked up another stalker!

Hey CHHS, don't be so bashfull. If you got something to say, just say it. Come on and be a man. This is just the internet, it wont hurt you.

How does that hand claping work?

DandDD.... you should know by now your not going to have the last word with me.

When I first posted about the all-staters, I knew I was wrong. But decited to leave it up because I figured someone would post later how many Volunteer had actually had. I was just interested on how many their had been in all sports, and did not really mean anything negative. That was a good stab you took at answering the question, but I would rather hear from someone that actually knows. (hope that doesn't hurt your feelings) :ph34r:

"Im not knocking DB's storied history(all those mythical state championships and everything" That was a good one, I like how you said you wasn't knocking DB, and then actually did all in the same sentance. Did you learn that from me? I could make you sound silly, but I'll let you slide on that one.

Actually John Sevier & Robinson are DB's best feeder schools by about 500 to 1. All of our best athletes have come from those two middle schools over the years. That is a fact! Unless you can prove me wrong?

Concerning DB's "star football & basketall player" coming to Volunteer. Thats just rummor. And besides, there are no "stars" at DB. Which is why the rummor started about him leaving. By the way, he would not help Volunteer, only himself. (research by you will confirm my statement)

To those that are starting to think Im against Volunteer, think again. Yes Im a DB fan first, but I always pull for Volunteer otherwise. I come to some of the games when I get a chance. And since this is the Volunteer thread....

GO FALCONS!

Edited by WaCoJaCo