Centennial at Antioch

chsboys98

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game.. Both teams dont throw the ball very much.. Should be a hard well fought game.. It will be won on the Line.. This is centennials second year to make it to the playoffs and dont have as much experience because they havent been there in the past.. but shoulnt be as intimidated as last year.. should be fun.. good luck to both.. Go Region 6

Centennial has an advantage in this game for one reason, experience. There schedule was without doubt the toughest in the STATE. They play very physical and should be able to hit the Antioch backs fairly often. Antioch is,however, very fast and a big play team. Centennial has the potential to play ball control in this one and keep the game at their pace. Prediction: Centennial 28

Antioch 17

Watched Antioch play Hunters Lane last Thursday. Not alot of imagination. They like to go off right tacle and they like to fake to it and send the QB off on his own. A couple of big tackles, but I believe Centennial will be able to out physical them.

Centennial has more weapons and if they can stop the run off taclke, they should win going away

Edited by BigDogDaddy

This is a game of interesting matchups. Centennial is certainly battle tested, but Antioch has been playing ggod ball all year, losing two games by a total of 8 points. Both teams are the same to me, very limited offensively as far as balance is concerned. The difference, as far as I can see, is in the return game situations for Antioch. Coker, Brown, and Graham are all so dangerous that they force teams to either pop kick or take their chances deep. Either way, they dictate field position. Hunters Lane and Hendersonville both gave Antioch the ball at the 40 all night. If you let them have that type of field position, they'll eventually kill you. I see Coker breaking about two long runs in the second half and them Brown punishing them on the off tackle runs. Centennial keeps it close, but falls short 28-17.

Centennial may be tough and they may run the ball pretty well, but they have not met a defense quite like Antioch's. The overall team speed is outstanding. Most teams cannot run outside, running up the middle is a tough task with Taylor Bradford and Japhet Odigie, the ends are big and physical, the LBs make plays, and the DBs are some of the fastest in the state. Centennial will score, but one thing, these are not the slow defenses in 6-5a, this is an athletic squad that can probably match anyone.

This should be an intensely exciting game, and if I were in Nashville this weekend it would probably be the game I would attend. Centennial's brute strength versus Antioch's sheer athleticism. I think this game will be an offensive battle, with Antioch's athletes eventually making the difference.

PREDICTION: Antioch 34, Centennial 27