Warren County Job opening!

theraiderman

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warren County needs a football coach that will be left alone to coach the football team. The coach should be the first and last word as to what is needed for the team. This means TOTAL CONTROL of his program. I personally believe that also means input into the middle school program & freshman program. Until Warren County decides that this is the way to go, they will never have a Football Coach, only someone's puppet. The only input the parents need to give is support for the team. Egos have no place on a TEAM sport. Playing on the team is not a status symbol. The best athletes should play and be backed up by the rest of the team and community. If you don't believe me, just look down Hwy 55 West at Coffee County. One year and a change of attitude can make a BIG difference. ;)

I believe what Warrwn Co. needs is someone who is from there.Who cares for the school and town. Someone who has pride in the school.And most of all an AD. that has a backbone to stand up to the stupid people who only want their kids to play or show their butts!

I agree with you 100%. The next Coach should have a love for the school and the community which can not come from an outsider. He must be willing to go down to the feeder schools and work with the coaches to insure that both systems are compatable. Trousdale County is a prime example of this. Matter of fact Coach Satterfield is usually on the side lines during their Junior High games. I know Warren County is a much larger place but you see my example.

Attitude is everything in football and that starts with the head coach. There are probably some great people looking at the job and I wish them luck. Rememeber that "Salvation comes from within".

You are wrong about Coach Smith from Ezell. If he gets the chance to come to Warren County he is doing it because he wants to be at Warren County for a long time, not just for football, but because of the beauty and lifestyle. Smith wants to be at a place where football can be important to a community....from the youth programs to the final game of a high school seniors career....you don't know what's in a man's heart until you've walked in his shoes

Coffee is a good example to look at. A better one is up 111 in Sparta. If I am not mistaken, Coach Brown was listed in the McMinnville paper as an applicant for the Warren job but they hired Tidwell instead. I bet Sparta is glad Warren Co. missed out on him !

Heydaddy there are more than Hartsville that have won with hometown people. But the hometown guy must be willing to learn the game. Go to people that know the game. Put what they know and what they learn together. It is the job of the AD. to keep the dumbutts off them and give them the chance to get it done. It will not happen over night.Sometimes people have to be run off. Pride and dicpline must be restored. I know Warren Co. is hurry for a winner. I have been in the same place as Warren Co. and this what has to be done.

There is alot of talk about Smith coming. I thing he is a privite school guy who won because of much better players then coaching in class A.