Warren County Job opening!

theraiderman

So what are they waiting for. Do they really think that they will get any brand name coaches apply for this job. I heard that the interm coach applyied. If he was good enough to pick up the pieces during the season why not let him have it full time. I don`t think very many Quality coaches are itching to get this job.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't understand all the Scott Smith bashing. Everyone that has ever played for the guy loves him. Most of the parents have nothing but good things to say about him. I think that just because he has a little bit of an ego (which I think you have to have some if you're gonna be a successful coach), he gets a bad rap. I don't think he's abrasive or condesending. I think the world of the guy. I just think that there are some coaches on here that weren't equipped to handle what he was throwing out 2-3 years ago and they're kinda "hating" on the guy. I'll tell you this much, when I have kids, I hope they play for a guy like Scott. That is the highest compliment that I can hand a human being!! But, I do agree with you on one issue, I don't think he's a Warren County guy.

ELA,

You're a smart poster. I agree in all you say. As a coach, you grow and mature, just like a player does.

I know there are a lot of people who don't like Scott and I must admit I have always had some reservations about the guy. I Coached against him across the field three times and he won two of the three, nevertheless, I will not let any of that effect my opinion about him as a coach. We both run the same offense (four and five wide receivers) and we both agree that it is the WAVE of the future for high school football. I didn't like what happened at the Loretto game three years ago but I think he's learned from that experience like we all learn in this business. One thing is for sure, he took a program that couldn't BUY a win and turned them into a state championship team. It doesn't matter if you like the guy or hate the guy, he's a great coach and should do well anywhere he goes. I have heard through the grapevine that Warren County had already decided to give the team to someone who was a graduate of the program. If that is true, that will limit them to someone who is already on the staff or one of the many assistant coaches around the state who graduated from Warren County. Too bad for Coach Smith, but I'm sure he will land somewhere. I don't know why he wants to leave Ezell-Harding unless he wants a new challenge.

BTW... I get accused of the same thing about the helmets and it's not true. You'd be surprised what you can teach kids if you try. :lol:

ELA,

I don't know where you coach and don't want to be rude, but I'd love to see a guy like Scott Smith or yourself take your offensive philosophy and take it to a school with great athletic material each and every year at the 4A or 5A level. I think you could do great things at an urban/suburban type school with that philosophy. Now, it would take a year or two to implement and you would probably take some lumps, but once you got that ball rolling, it would never stop.

There is no truth to the rumor that Smith is connected to another job in Nashville next year, public or private......I would be very surprised if Smith is in Nashville at all...have heard he wants to coach in a public county school somewhere hopefully in the country....he is originally from Springfield and grew up in the country!