Craziest Stuent Sections in East Tennessee

jacketman05

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the size of Farragut's school they are the WORST!!!!!!! the fans only show up for the Bearden games, and thats pathetic! the other night at the SD game there might've been 20 people there...i did some math believe it or not and it turned out to be .5% of the student body..that's just sad...i hope the administration does something to help bring more students to the games because the admirals are a good team this year

Well said yallalready. The Admirals should be the talk of the school. Most students don't even know we have a good team this year. There's not much the administration could do besides making tickets cheaper to students, maybe even free on some games. They could also do a better job of informing the school on when we have games. When I ask my friends to come to games, most of the time they don't even know that there is one. For as big as a school that Farragut is, it's kinda eMBArassing to have a small crowd.

Ooltewah has a great cheering section for the people who actually come, but I think the size of the cheering section should be a lot bigger considering their enrollment. Based on the latest school report card, the enrollment is:

1787. I would say the average student section is approximately 100. That's like 5% of the student body. It would be great to have close to 300 or so. OR does that sound unreasonable?

At least the Old School Ballas make up for it with all their noise!

Go Owls!

JMo you're correct, but i think that giving students special pricing for tickets, and imforming them that there are games would be a good thing! there used to pep rallies and banners and announcements but not anymore! you may be right, the ticket prices don't seem to be much of an issue, but giving them special pricing and notifying them that there is a game might not hurt...its at least worth a try

Not sure of the exact enrollment. Help me out on that yallalrady. But i would guess about 2,500. But we don't get even 100 students at a game. On a good night we'll have 50 students. And only about 15 of them are loud. The rest just talk and socialize the whole time. My numbers could be wrong but this is just my estimate.

I don't think we're going to win the argument with ticket prices, but maybe we can have some pep rallies for the bigger games, and tournament time. I also remember having more pep rallies a few years ago. This year we've had one. Maybe if we have them for the big games, some more people will show up.

Guest owlman04

good post Grad, The Old School Ballaz are the best student section, they only have about 15 people that cheer (8 are the OSB's) they get inside of the other teams head making the shoot some stupid #### shoots, most are air balls. So for all the wanna be's YALL stink

From the OLD SCHOOL BALLAZ

Edited by owlman04

the thign i don't get about dirtyowlman is if he is who i think it is... he doesn't talk crap like this in person .... matter of fact if it is who i think it is... hes a real nice guy in normal life.... other than that dirty i don't think you need to be passing judgment, unless you know his whole situation, especially when grad has been one of Ooltewahs biggest supporters since his days at Ooltewah...Once again... ill say it... Ooltewah has a great group of students in the Old Skool Ballas but their student section as a whoel is lacking because the rest of the student attendants at the games just are not pumped... if only there were a way to light their fires...