CARTER CO. TEAMS GO DOWN IN FLAMES

A DOGMAN

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that Carter County is full of fair weather fans. The true fans stick by their players. CAK didn't bring many fans, but they were louder than ours. Carter County is really starting to irritate me, because teams like Unaka(who can't line up)Elizabethton-who is too scared to schedule Cloudland: Happy Valley-who got their feelings hurt 57-7, and poor ole old school Hampton-been runnin the same plays since 1960 are partly responsible for Cloudlands first round exit. CARTER county needs up to date coaching staffs and kids who are willing to make the committment. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS EVERY YEAR!!

okay, i've been reading this for some time now but i can remain silent no longer. flossie, where do you get off slinging mud at the other carter county schools after your season everyone's season is no over? unaka, HV, and hampton are partially to blame for cloudland's playoff woes? if that's the case then "your welcome" for your trip to the finals a couple of years ago. unbelievable. this is ridiculous. you folks take care of things on the mountain and let everyone else handle their own issues. i guess it's just inconceivable that cloudland failed to prepare adequately for the mere first round playoff game, or perhaps that CAK overacheived? i guess you're right. shame on you carter county schools for not helping cloudland do what everyone had them penciled in to do already.

that's all i have to say on that issue. and don't accuse me of bashing cloudland here. i'm not. just taking issue with a ridiculous post. congrats to unaka, hampton, HV, and cloudland for all of their successes.

hablo, Bout time you got involved. And flossie; you should know that sooner or later someone with real intellect would take offense. I actually enjoy our exchanges, but you're taking this a little too far.

You should look at the amazing accomplishments of this most recent Highlander Dynasty; and it was, indeed a Dynasty. Byrd is the best football player I've seen in decades...especially at this level.

You shouldn't attempt to compare Carter County football, and athletics in general, to that of not just the privates, but as well, to the more talent laden teams across the Tennessee River. As a general rule they play better football than us. They do indeed have more players and more talent.

It's OK. Just like Hampton and Cloudland put more into their football programs than Unaka, those teams invest much more heavily in theirs than we do up here; and it will probably ramain that way for decades; except for the Highlanders of course.

But your blame game approach is not in order here...not now.

Sorry to have to say this, but it is becoming common knowledge. Flossie, your nuts!

Elizabethton doesn't need to schedule a 1A team. It is a no win situation for them. If they beat Cloudland, nothing is gained. If Cloudland beats them, much is lost. Anyway, Cloudland had teams for a couple of years that could handle them, now they don't.

And blaming the other county schools for Cloudland's defeat. :D That's what I say to that! Be sure and thank Unaka, Hampton for getting you guys to the finals last year. hehehe

CAK didn't bring many fans, but they were louder than ours.

I agree with Flossie on only 1 sentence in his post and it is quoted above. Our fans were not very loud at all to be a Cloudland game. It was sad to see the section of CAK fans out cheer the Lander's home crowd. It was as if everyone thought the game would be a blowout and that they would have one or two more blowout games before some close action. That thought of mind was wrong and look where we are now. I don't agree with Flossie blaming the other county schoold for the Highlanders early exit.