Hardin Co beats ridgeway on last sec. kick return!

john007

it shouldnt have came down to any call the referees made hardin county fumbled once on the 3, had to settle for a FG on the inchline, and turned the ball over the first 2 posessions of the second half inside there own 30. If u ask me ridgeway was outplayed. for all you who say ridgeway fans who are complaining about the refs you might get to see tha same ones in action friday night while HARDIN COUNTY plays melrose.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Melrose game will be cruel and unusual punishment for Hardin County.  HC did a fine job of welcoming Ridgeway to 4A football.  Now Melrose will introduce Hardin County to REAL Memphis football.

Hardin county has more size speed and heart this year than they have had in a long time. When they go to the mound friday i think it will be interesting to see how they play. being that they havent played a full game to they're potential yet....

Edited by bigmaroon82

it shouldnt have came down to any call the referees made hardin county fumbled once on the 3, had to settle for a FG on the inchline, and turned the ball over the first 2 posessions of the second half inside there own 30. If u ask me ridgeway was outplayed. for all you who say ridgeway fans who are complaining about the refs you might get to see tha same ones in action friday night while HARDIN COUNTY plays melrose.

You were right when you said that it shouldn't have come down to any call the refs made but it did. When you have a team like Ridgeway who has come back from behind in 3 other games one in 4 ot to win you know they know how to play until the final buzzer. It was a hard fight though the whole game. The Kick off return by #15 was unbelieveable and should have finished off Ridgeway but with 36 sec. they moved up the field and got the ball in the endzone only to have a bad call (watch it on the film the receiver was not on the line) to nullify a winning TD. It is over and Ridgeway will learn from this and be ready to play football next year.

As for Melrose they have at least 8 top D1 prospects and are very talented. I hope your fans come on buses because there is no parking lot around the stadium and around 3-4 thousand neighborHOOD fans come to every game to watch their boys play.

I'm sick of hearing about the "hometown" officiating of this game. The only example used to solidify this theory is the 75-yard pass that was called back. The simple fact is that rules are rules and they cannot be broken whether it be the 1st Quarter of the State Championship or the last play of a meaningless game. Yes, Ridgeway made an incredible play, but they had an inelligible receiver downfield. That's a penalty and it should always be flagged no matter what the situation. Also, I would like to tell all of you out there who didn't see the game in person to shut up about the so called bad referees. So many penalties went uncalled on Ridgeway. There were countless holding and blocking in the back calls that were just looked over. Ridgeway can whine all they want, but the fact is Hardin County is still alive and the Roadrunners are turning their stuff in. No matter how much anyone argues or belly aches they can't change that.

Oh so I guess Hardin didn't have any penalties missed on them. Look at the numeber of penalties between the two teams and I bet that Ridgeway had twice as many as Hardin. There was one call in particular on 3rd and long for Hardin and a pass interference call was called on Ridgeway when their cornerback was 5 yards ahead of Hardin's and dragged down from behind. It just looked pretty obvious that Ridgeway was getting a screw job and from what I hear the calls were similar the week before against Dyersburg. I'm not saying that Hardin is not a good team and din't play well, but it just seemed like Ridgeway was playing against Hardin and the officials.

TSSAA picks the officials for the playoff games and tells them where to go. No one in that group of officials had ever been to Hardin County before. Whoever told you that there was a problem with the Dyersburg game needs to get their head screwed on straight. I don't know how you can say that the officials missed more calls on Hardin County than on Ridgeway. That is a retarded statement. Hardin County made it in the end zone about three times, but touchdown was never signaled. Ridgeway's players blocked in the back all night long along with holding. Once again, Hardin County won and Ridgeway lost. Ridgeway is through with their season of "dominating" 4A whether you like it or not.

ds 40

you seem to have been at the game can you explain to me the 2 incomplete passes that were ruled fumbles because of it being a backwards pass

I still don't understand those calls

the first of which gave HC the ball inside the 20

If you add up the whole game I'm sure that we both can agree that it was a very bad example of officiating. As to whether the turn out would have been different if some key calls were made or not mad I don't know

I agree with you on the ball on the inch line I don't see how HC could not have gotten it

After a few days of calming down from such an upsetting game I can also concide that RHS could have avoided the whole thing by keeping the kick off away from #15 like we had done all night long

Well best wishes in the future and I guess this will make it more exciting next year if we meet again in the playoffs rivalry can be fun

Thank you bluefan2

Thanks, for being at least a smart arguer. I may not agree with some of your arguements but at least you are smart and know what you're talking about. I agree that bad calls went both ways. I also agree that Ridgeway shouldn't have kicked the ball to #15. I am glad they did, though.

ds 40....at the dyersburg game i saw several bad calls...both against hardin cnty and dyersburg....

the worst call of the night was against dyersburg when they blocked the winning field goal and after a 15 minute consultation, called roughing kicker....

that was a blown call...period....the game film was sent to the tssaa and will be used as a training film for officials.....

anytime the ball is touched and or blocked, the kicker can be hit so long as it is close and unavoidable...that is after the ball is touched.......also the kicker can be hit if his own movement causes the contact......

the correct call should have been a blocked field goal and the game sent into overtime for the TEAMs TO DECIDE WHO WAS TO WIN...NOT THE OFFICIALS..

however, dyersburg players and coaches were more upset at having a 19-6 lead in the 4th quarter and allowing hardin cnty back in the game....

dyersburg almost had a repeat again against memphis east in the first round......dyersburg had a 27 to 8 lead in the 4th quarter, only to win the ball game 27-24.......

GOOD LUCK HARDIN CNTY…dyersburg and jcm are pulling for you to upset melrose……. I am sure that both teams would like to face you for a repeat in the quarter finals….

Edited by mg