Smyrna vs Coffee Co. Details

lucky13k

Wingman10, whoever you are, if you want to talk and criticize someone at least get the name right NUNLEY! No one said anything about the schedule when Coffee County was getting beat by all those "weak teams."

GO Lincoln County...beat any Region 4 team and everyone else in your way to get to the State...we know you can do it!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wingman10, whoever you are, if you want to talk and criticize someone at least get the name right NUNLEY!  No one said anything about the schedule when Coffee County was getting beat by all those "weak teams." 

GO Lincoln County...beat any Region 4 team and everyone else in your way to get to the State...we know you can do it!!

Okay, I did. I was not criticizing Nunley. The fact is that he got 100 yds and Johnson had over 200 yds. The fact is that of all of CC's wins against 5A teams, only Cookeville had a winning record. I hope CC has a great season next year.

Edited by wingman10

We will try an do our best to bring it home for our region! Thanks! and good luck to the raiders next year. You will be hard to handle! Lincoln County has some experience coming back next year, but will definitely be weak at the QB position. If you beat us next year with all that you have coming back, I want be surprised at all!

Next year, they will make it to the playoffs, but they will not win their Region. Franklin Co is loaded and Cookeville and Lincoln Co will be tough.

If we related Lincoln County's team to a golf game next year, they will be around even in my opinion. The QB position will be all the difference next year in which we will be weak and want make par. If Cumberland County gets most of it's kids back, they will be a good team too!

Edited by Big D.

Nunley went over a 100 yrd on his longest run a 26 yarder against the 3rd team defense. It was obvious they had lost and their goal was to get him his 100yards.

nunley would not start for oakland , smyrna rivrdale or for that matter blackman

It is obvious he ran up his numbers against inferrior competitin some in lower classifications. I can't speak for the season but last night he did not run hard he was easy to bring down and he could not come close to getting outside and was ran down by our lb's. He is definetly a good back but think about it he gets the ball virtually every play. He may have been injured or something but I just never saw that burst last night.

cc- if you don't incorporate some other players into your offense you will not be better next year because any good team you play will do like smyrna and leave their dbs and safeties on the bench and put in extra lbs. another thing is if you have a stud rb why run the wing t? I have always heard that is an offense you run when you don't have that featured back plus you have no fb to lead.Go to a power I and learn to throw short safe passes and you will be alot better I guarantee it.

Or you can keep doing what you are doing and have a rb go over 2000yrd but not be any better next year

If we related Lincoln County's team to a golf game next year, they will be around even in my opinion. The QB position will be all the difference next year in which we will be weak and want make par. If Cumberland County gets most of it's kids back, they will be a good team too!

Big D, from what I hear Fayetteville City has an excellent qb in the Shelton kid. Isn't he an eighth grader. I have heard that he started for the jr high team as an 7th grader. As long as he stays healthy, he should be a good one. Too bad he's not in the 9th grade.

Yes, that is correct. I also believe that Coffee Co got their seven wins because of a weak schedule. Of the four 5a games that CC won, only one team (Cookeville) had a winning record.

wingman10, If you want to look at records look at Smyrna's 8 regular season wins, one was a forfeit to Gallatin(a game I believe they actually lost), Lebanon had a 6-4 record(the only team they beat with a winning record) and the other 5 games the teams records were 5-5, 4-6, 4-6, 3-7, 3-7, and 0-10. Not to take anything away from Smyrna because they played a great game and deserved to win last night but Coffee Co. still had a great year. A year no one would have thought at the start of the season. Congratulations to Coach Price and his staff on a great 1st year. From what I understand CCHS only loses 7 or 8 seniors from this team, so next year may even be better. Great season SNAKE keep working hard.

Edited by sly

Guest region4fan

I think that Smyrna's choices of non -region games were Brentwood, Hendersonville, and Gallatin. Quit while you are ahead, they didn't get blown out by any of the above three.