LINCOLN CO WINS 19-6

Big D.

Not one of Lincoln County's better games this year. Oakland had something to do with that. If you were there, what are your thoughts?

Hey Big D I have some thoughts about the game...The defense played great and the coaches for LC did not call theirs plays balanced enough...Michael could have picked oaklands defense alive had he thrown the ball more..Oaklands game plan was basic load up the box and make LC throw the ball and Louis did not throw the ball much...Why let the game stay close when you can use all the weapons and breeze....

We need balance in our offense to make the defenses play honest...

Edited by FALCON4

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland, you showed them. You have absolutely nothing to hang your heads for at all. You almost pulled it off whethe r these folk will give you credit or not.

Thanks for feeling sorry for Ebal.................but the real sadness should be for the seniors that played their guts out tonight and never quit. In fact, the whole team deserved  a win.

I'm sorry, but I don't see where anybody is not giving Oakland it's credit, for their effort. Oakland came to play, had nothing to lose and played their hearts out. They should be proud of their effort, they never gave up, period! And that's all you can ask for from any team.That being said, that was absolutely the worst officated game that I have saw in years, period! I'm sure that some of the calls against L.C. were correct, but it seemed strange that almost every time we would have a good gain, there was a yellow hankie lying on the field. The first offensive play for L.C. set the tone for how the game would go. Michael Edmiston dropped back and threw a 40 yard strike to Matt Paris all the way down to the Oakland 1 yard line, but guess what, there on the field laid a flag, holding, bring it back. And it just got worse from there. I don't know where these guys (I'd like to use another word for guys, but I'd better not) were from, but I was glad to see them go. I sure hope we never see them again either.

Later Michael Edmiston appears to score a touchdown on a 4th and goal, as he sticks out the ball and knocks over the pylon,(I thought that the pylon was in the end zone) but it is spotted on the one inch line, ball goes over to Oakland. Coach Thompson goes over to ask the ref a question and out comes the hankie, 15 yard penality for Coach being out of the box, while this is going on I look over at the other side and Oaklands coach is out on the field at the 20 yard line hollaring something at his players, but that's ok. L.C. was penalized once for and illegal fair catch, the kid waved his hand ran over and caught the ball, and pitched it to the ref, then he ran off the field, and the Oakland players ran off the field, boom out comes the hankie.

Oakland, you should be proud of your young men for the effort that they put out tonight, especially the defense, it was an excellent job of doing everything that was humanly possible to try to win a football game, they just came up a little short.

Your soph qb. will be an excellent player in the coming years, along with several others on the team, and don't misunderstand me I'm not trying to take anything away from Oakland at all, they fought all the way to the end.

Your coaching staff had an excellent game plan also, especially on defense.

But those refs should be ashamed of themselves.

Guest Oakland

trust me when i say that oakland will very pleasantly suprise you next year region, you dont absolutely have to have senior leadership to be good, although it doesnt hurt, way too early for predictions on next season, but oakland will have a good one if you had some of the info that i got

Guest region4fan

Oakland, glad you made it home safe and sound. Give me the lowdown on the game. I heard bits and pieces of the game broadcast, but it was the LC station and didn't come in very clearly. Of course, it had a slight slant to it b/c it was LC announcers.

that was absolutely the worst officated game that I have saw in years, period!

Right on! I chimed in regards to the officiating on another thread but will post it here also. Not taking anything away from the Patriots, but the officiating absolutely "STUNK" in this game. It was raining yellow all game long. I don't know where this crew was from but Lincoln County couldn't do anything right. If they gain good yardage, the yellow hankies came out. I think LC had about 14 penalties and Oakland had about maybe 4 for the game (Statman has corrected this total with 11 for LC). Certainly not home cooking in this one but again, not taking anything away from Oakland. It seemed that the officials wanted to keep the game close. Oakland whipped our O line in my opinion.

Inot2bad if you are out there, what have I been saying for the last weeks, LC is going to have to pass the ball if they are to win the title. Maybe you will agree with me now. Oakland put them in the box all night and dared us to pass and the thing about it, we could pass on them, but chose to try and keep running Michael.

The main thing is we survived, and that is what the playoffs is all about... win by 50 or by 1 pt. just survive until the next game!

We need balance in our offense to make the defenses play honest...

Couldn't agree with "U" more Falcon4. I've been screaming this for the past weeks, and maybe everyone can see it now, we are going to have to pass it as well as run it to win the title. Teams are going to key on Michael (spy) and Josh in these playoffs. We could have passed it all night long with ease, but chose to keep putting Michael in the shotgun; do 2 fakes, and run the ball... and Oakland pretty much caught on to that and shut it down!

What about that Chanze Bryson? (#4 for those of you who don't know who I'm spakin of) This guy is a gamer if you will! He doesn't get the credit that he deserves. One tough ball player who can flat out catch the pass. Just throw it in his area, and usually he comes up with the catch. I know that he goes both ways,(plays a good DB also) but need to use him more in the passing game. Also, Dobbins is a good receiver, but we only seem to throw it to him one time per game. We could kill most opponents with the Tight end across the middle all night long. Every game that I have been too, the middle is open, but we don't exploit it with our Tight end. I agree Falcon 4, we have many weapons, and need to look at this week putting in some new wrinkles to get them the ball :D

Edited by Big D.