Wayne County vs Ezell Harding

twh06

LovethoseRockets

What I want to say is, of all the teams we've played in all my years of following Forrest sports, the private schools are the ones who have shown the least class, player and fan wise.

vikingpride

Private schools have no class but they do have the talent!!!!!"

Come up and visit CPA. I do not think you will find many schools around, public or private, that will treat you with more true sportsmanship, before, during and after the game. Players, coaches and fans. The only negative comments I have seen about CPA are from the people who hate all privates. Period..

I have heard comments from several opposing players that commend CPA for their class - on and off the field. Several posted on this site.

Come try us. You will be welcomed.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WILDCAT PRIDE and VIKING PRIDE YOU APPEAR TO BE SORE LOSERS AFTER READING ALL YOUR POST DURING THE WEEK.

1. WHY WOULD THE REFS LET A PRIVATE SCHOOL GET ALL THE CALLS IN WAYNE COUNTY?

2. THERE WERE SEVERAL PLAYS WHERE CALLS WERE MISSED FOR EXAMPLE.

THE CATCH AT THE ONE YARD LINE, (OUT OF BOUNDS)

THE CATCH IN THE ENDZONE THAT BOUNCED ( MADE SCORE 42 - 33)

THE EXTRA POINT IN THE ENDZONE THAT BOUNCED (42-35)

3. LATE HITS OUT OF BOUNDS ON RECEIVERS AND RUNNING BACKS

GROW UP AND MOVE FORWARD, IT WAS A GREAT GAME WHERE THE LAST TEAM WITH THE BALL WON. YOU FUMBLED AWAY YOUR OPPRTUNITY WITH 3:00 MINUTES TO PLAY.

STOP SPREADING RUMORS "JEREMY GETTIS IS NOT A DIRTY PLAYER, HE GIVES IT A 100% EFFORT WHEN HE'S ON THE FIELD. HE DIDN'T REALIZE THE KID WAS HURT WHEN YOUR ROWDY CROWD STARTED YELLING FOWL MOUTH THINGS AT A 18 YEAR OLD.

GROW UP, GET A LIFE AND A HOBBY. EZELL WILL BE PREPARED FOR DCA AND THE BEST TEAM WILL WIN.

DIVEPIX DON'T BE MISLEAD BY A SORE LOSER. I THINK CPA, DCA AND EZELL ALL HAVE CLASS PLAYERS. WHY SINGLE OUT GUYS (LIKE GETTIS) THAT PLAY HARD AND DO NOT DESERVE THIS KIND OF VICIOUS RUMORS.

WILDCAT PRIDE and VIKING PRIDE YOU APPEAR TO BE SORE LOSERS AFTER READING ALL YOUR POST DURING THE WEEK.

GROW UP AND MOVE FORWARD, IT WAS A GREAT GAME WHERE THE LAST TEAM WITH THE BALL WON. YOU FUMBLED AWAY YOUR OPPRTUNITY WITH 3:00 MINUTES TO PLAY.

STOP SPREADING RUMORS "JEREMY GETTIS IS NOT A DIRTY PLAYER, HE GIVES IT A 100% EFFORT WHEN HE'S ON THE FIELD. HE DIDN'T REALIZE THE KID WAS HURT WHEN YOUR ROWDY CROWD STARTED YELLING FOWL MOUTH THINGS AT A 18 YEAR OLD.

GROW UP, GET A LIFE AND A HOBBY. EZELL WILL BE PREPARED FOR DCA AND THE BEST TEAM WILL WIN.

DIVEPIX DON'T BE MISLEAD BY A SORE LOSER. I THINK CPA, DCA AND EZELL ALL HAVE CLASS PLAYERS. WHY SINGLE OUT GUYS (LIKE GETTIS) THAT PLAY HARD AND DO NOT DESERVE THIS KIND OF VICIOUS RUMORS.

first of all, i could care less if wayne co won or not so i am not complaining about any calls.

the catch in the end zone did in fact bounce. bad calls went both ways.

About the Gettis kid... no class.

How could you not know that a player was hurt with the ambulance on the field?

there is no way i would take up for wayne county but they were not using foul language to him, they were yelling at the ref to flag him.

"if the shoe fits"

HA HA HA HA.....THEY CHANTED OVER RATED AND GOT BEAT??????LOL

This is the first ive heard of that, man thats funny. That just made my night. I bet the same kids that were chanting over rated are on here talking about how bad the refs sucked, the injured players, and the fumbles. And who cares how many points you scored in the first half, that score means nothing. Obviously you guys know that now.

Tell me this if Wayne County is so good how could they possibly blow a 21 point lead??? I dont get it.

I forgot to mention that the only reason Ezell won was beucase they are a private school.

[]i dont know what u think we were chanting, but we werent chanting "over rated"! ezell is a bunch of rediculas football players. there is no since in trying to hurt everyone and thats just what they did. the refs never called anything on them all night, but w/c sure did get the call if we done the same thing. yeah, number 18 is a very good athlete, but a smart mouth. who in there right mind smarts off the the crowd while having an injured player on the feild... what some respect! we are good, we just cant win w/o one of our best players..... they knew we couldnt so, thats why they "twisted" his Ankle!!! and on top of twisting his ankle, they go and break another one of our players ankles, they are a bunch of rough housers! hope they get beat this week though! good luck DCA!

first of all, i could care less if wayne co won or not so i am not complaining about any calls.

the catch in the end zone did in fact bounce. bad calls went both ways.

About the Gettis kid... no class.

How could you not know that a player was hurt with the ambulance on the field?

there is no way i would take up for wayne county but they were not using foul language to him, they were yelling at the ref to flag him.

"if the shoe fits"

Vikingpride, for your information, two players got hurt Friday night and Gettis did not taunt the crowd when the 1st player broke his leg and was carried off by ambulance. He taunted the crowd when the second player got hurt and the fans from Wayne County was verbally abusing him. He has plenty of class and you will probably be cheering for him at hte next level. (Saturdays)

Tennessee schools have shown the most interest.

HA HA HA HA.....THEY CHANTED OVER RATED AND GOT BEAT??????LOL

This is the first ive heard of that, man thats funny.  That just made my night.  I bet the same kids that were chanting over rated are on here talking about how bad the refs sucked, the injured players, and the fumbles.  And who cares how many points you scored in the first half, that score means nothing.  Obviously you guys know that now.

Tell me this if Wayne County is so good how could they possibly blow a 21 point lead???  I dont get it.

I forgot to mention that the only reason Ezell won was beucase they are a private school.

[]i dont know what u think we were chanting, but we werent chanting "over rated"! ezell is a bunch of rediculas football players. there is no since in trying to hurt everyone and thats just what they did. the refs never called anything on them all night, but w/c sure did get the call if we done the same thing. yeah, number 18 is a very good athlete, but a smart mouth. who in there right mind smarts off the the crowd while having an injured player on the feild... what some respect! we are good, we just cant win w/o one of our best players..... they knew we couldnt so, thats why they "twisted" his Ankle!!! and on top of twisting his ankle, they go and break another one of our players ankles, they are a bunch of rough housers! hope they get beat this week though! good luck DCA!

I just seen what I read in a post. Stop crying guys, there is no crying in football. A good team wins no matter what and you all was just not the better team. Sorry. Better luck next year.

I think wayne county got a little taste of what public schools like perry co and mcewen get almost every Friday night.

Private schools have no class but they do have the talent!!!!!

Holy Cow! Where do you people come off? I went to Ezell and graduated recently so my memory of the games is pretty fresh. I remeber traveling to Upperman for a game two years ago. As anyone who follows Ezell football knows, we had a few pretty good (gross understatement) African-Americans on the team. One of the Upperman players decided to psyche out those players by writing something very blatantly on the tape on his arms. I don't remember exactly what it was, but it was some expletive followed by the obvious racial slur. Now, I don't know what went on last Fri. at Wayne Co (the whole Gettis thing), but this picture of private school kids not having any class is completely off base. Sure I only pointed out one incident but I think this comes down to "boys will be boys."

About the kid getting his ankle broken--It's football and, as it has been said before, there's no crying in football.

And before I go, let me head off a tirade on the part of all of the public school people by saying: I know about Coach Smith's reputation of "running up the score." I have and always will stand by Coach Smith's intense style. I and the rest of my class know and experienced the old adage, "What goes around comes around."

Edited by mp1115

I was not misled by a sore loser, I was stated an opinion of the Ezell player based on comments from CPA players (one of which was my son) who palyed against him and had first hand knowledge.

I also stated that his lack of sportsmanship was not the norm for Ezell or other teams, public or private. Most kids play the game right - some don't.

derek willis is the kid that got his ankle broke. it wasn't a cheep shot or anything. he was just getting blocked on a pitch. his ankle was broken and he was rushed to columbia for surgery. they had to put a pin and a plate in his leg. that play wasn't dirty. but the whole avery ankle twist thing was. that's part of football though i guess. i just wanted to clear up that not all private schools are jerks. we played at cpa 2 years in a row and they are all great people. i wish they could send some of those attitudes to ezell though. gettis is a punk and he will never play of tv on saturdays. their coach seemed to be a hotshot also.

vikingpride,

did you watch the game after avery got hurt? we were unable to run the ball after he came out. that's what beat us. not just him getting hurt but the fact that we lack any depth. our first 11 are as good as anyones but we fall off too much after that to play against the privates who have more depth.

just thaught that i would let whoever said ruddle didn't have that good of a game know that he had 180 yards rushing and 5 total td's. not sure on passing stats though. yall also threw at him once all night and he took the ball away from the reciever for a turnover on that play. gettis was the best athlete on the field but joseph was the best football player out there by far.

I was not misled by a sore loser, I was stated an opinion of the Ezell player based on comments from CPA players (one of which was my son) who palyed against him and had first hand knowledge.

I also stated that his lack of sportsmanship was not the norm for Ezell or other teams, public or private. Most kids play the game right - some don't.

Divepix it must have been your kid where comcast cable kept showing the kid Gettis hit and stuff went flying everywhere. I did not see one dirty play from Gettis when they played CPA. I saw where he put 3 or 4 kids on their butts while blocking down field.

If you think Gettis is a punisher wait till you see his younger brother baby.