McKenzie vs. Lewis County

dt87

As most know, I am from Lewis County and love Panther football. I am also about as objective a fellow as you could find. I would like to comment on a few posts that have come and went in this thread.

1: I stated earlier that I felt Lewis County was the underdog in this one. I don't think any rationale Panther fan thinks any differently. We have been eliminated for two straight years by McKenzie and why would we now feel we are the favorite? Region 5 is obviously superior to Region 6, last weeks blowout scores show that. So, I feel like we are a sizable underdog.

2: With that said, I do think we are prepared. We might not have the talent to back up a victory but we are prepared... I am sure of that.

3: Speed has always been a mitigating factor when we get to the second and third rounds of the playoffs. We are usually large and strong but we always seem to be a little lacking in speed. Nothing can be done about that. We just don't grow en with sprinters skills in Lewis County.

4: I do detest when someone takes a pot shot at our record. Yes, we are 11-0 and I don't think you'll find anyone apologizing for that. We beat five tema that made the playoffs. We beat a 3-A team and a 4-A team, granted that weren't very good but last year we get dogged for playing 1-A teams.... Oh well, I don't know how else to respond to this. Maybe that poster would like to place an asterisk by our record?

5: We do have some good coaches, really good coaches and I know that we haven't shown everything that we are capable of. I think you'll see a bit more of the arsenal this week. Again, it might not bring home a victory but they won't be holding anything back this week.

6: Looking forward to the game. Any McKenzie fans who are in the area early, I invite you to join us on WMLR 1230-AM for my afternoon talk fest. We will most certainly be talking football this Friday from 1 pm until 5 pm... Have a safe trip and good luck to both teams.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could he have kicked Bobby's tail all night???????????? Bobby had about 14 tackel's and at least 2 sacks!!!! I think your just just trying to bring up the past to make the Panthers mad!! Are you? If so that wont cause the only thing that will this week is the name McKENZIE! WE had something in are daily news paper that made us mad anuff!! It will be the biggest game of the season for L.C. and I think they can pull of a big one!

Lewis Co.-28

McKenzie-20

See, you have a lop-sided view of that game because you are from Lewis County. I'm not from McKenzie, nor do I play for their team. I was just a spectator and from what I saw, those tackles and sacks came from the second half when Big Rick was out. There was no way that man even came close to the strength that Rick was pushin. That was a spectator's view and not a fan's view. I think that people who saw that game would agree. It just didn't happen for your guy that night I guess, or maybe McKenzie's was just that much better.

Alrighty folks, I'm gonna do us all a favor and break a few things down.

1st-half of the teams we played this year made playoffs

2nd- as for the easiest schedual

-wanye county is the number one teams in 1a, we are their only loss

-westmoreland played a tough game aginst a young panther team early in the season and nearly beat us

-cheatam county(the new kid on the block) came to town and beat everyone, until they played us

3rd- the only commom oppenent we played was camden.You played them early in the season and they weren't near as good as they were when we played them. Yet they played dresden who beat you, and took them behind the wood shed and beat them like a red headed step child.

This wil be a very good game with alot of emotion. I believe either way that it wont be a blow out. I dont know where people are gettin the idea that they will score 30 or 40 points againt us, seeing as how the most points scored on us all year has been 18. And several of those teams thought the same thing you are, throw the ball beat lewis county. And as for the whole myth that west teams are better than everyone else, i haven't seen a west TN team win state lately. I hope for an injury free game for both teams.

In regards to the scheduling, everybody makes the play-offs these days.

If you win 11 out of 11 you must be doing something right.

McKenzie is the real deal. If they are going to win, they will have to stop the run. If this game turns into a shootout, and I think it will, my feeling is that McKenzie will win.

Good luck to both teams.

Alrighty folks, I'm gonna do us all a favor and break a few things down.

1st-half of the teams we played this year made playoffs

2nd- as for the easiest schedual

-wanye county is the number one teams in 1a, we are their only loss

-westmoreland played a tough game aginst a young panther team early in the season and nearly beat us

-cheatam county(the new kid on the block) came to town and beat everyone, until they played us

3rd- the only commom oppenent we played was camden.You played them early in the season and they weren't near as good as they were when we played them. Yet they played dresden who beat you, and took them behind the wood shed and beat them like a red headed step child.

This wil be a very good game with alot of emotion. I believe either way that it wont be a blow out. I dont know where people are gettin the idea that they will score 30 or 40 points againt us, seeing as how the most points scored on us all year has been 18. And several of those teams thought the same thing you are, throw the ball beat lewis county. And as for the whole myth that west teams are better than everyone else, i haven't seen a west TN team win state lately. I hope for an injury free game for both teams.

How strong is your pass defense? What is your yardage given up so far?

This will be my last post before the game and I'm just gonna remind everybody of last year. Last year it was McKenzie who struggled in the 1st and 2nd rounds of the playoffs and they even struggled in the 3rd. But they made it to the semifinals anyway because they kept all the games close until the 4th quarter. I believe people called them the insomniac kids or something like that. Maybe Lewis Co is like that this year. I learned something from McKenzie last year, If you can keep the game close until the 4th quarter anything can happen. So don't be surprised if the game is close in the 4th or McKenzie might even have the lead. The Panthers have the heart of champions and will show it tonight. And as the coaches always say "Win, Lose, or Draw...We will always love you" Go get em Lewis Co. :P