McKenzie vs. Lewis County

dt87

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

!: I really look forward to the matchup because for the first time this year, someone will fill the visitors sides stands up! I know that McKenzie will bring a big crowd and it will be a great experience for high school football.

2: I know that Lewis County has been looking forward to this one, maybe too much.

3: McKenzie probably has more talent... this will mean for Lewis County to win, it's going to take a mistake free game. The Panthers had three turnovers, a blocked punt and two critical penalties against Camden. That will cost them dearly against the Rebels.

4: Any reasonable person must surely admit that Region 6-AA is far superior to region 5-AA at this juncture. There are two different styles of football played in the regions and my personal opinion is that region 6-AA plays it more wide open than the much more conservative style of most of the 5-AA teams.

5: Although the Panthers are undefeated and rated higher (which isn't worth the paper it's written on as far as judging team talent), I would have to think that based on week one scores, McKenzie has to be considered the favorite.

6: If you come into Lewis County before 5 PM next Friday, turn to 1230 WMLR-AM and join me on our afternoon talk show and I will promise to be accomadating to the McKenzie viewpoint. If anyone wants to buy my supper, let me know? Hey, everyone here in Lewis County isn't bragadocious and unkempt... heh heh

7: Good luck as always and look forward to intelligent debate this week.

It is also worth mentioning that Lewis Co. only beat 4th-seeded Camden 13-12, while McKenzie won 46-7 against the Lions. You can't really predict a winner based solely on that information, but it's something to think about.

Very, very true.... If it were that easy, may I suggest this?

Week 7: Dresden 23 McKenzie 20

Week 9: Camden 42 Dresden 7

Using that logic, Camden should be 38 points better than McKenzie, which we all know is not the case.

Not being hateful or anything because I really enjoy the McKenzie/Lewis County week and find the Rebel fans to be insightful and good sports. I expect a great game this week and talked to Vito tonight and he has installed McKenzie as the early 6 point favorite.

Good post Don, you always make well thought out statements.

As a McKenzie fan, I naturally would like to see McKenzie win, but I will say that anything can happen. Previous scores mean nothing and I think you and I both know that.

Since it is quit a haul to Lewis Co from McKenzie I will see if I can tune you in when I cross the river. As far as supper, about all we have in McKenzie is BBQ Bologna and I'm afraid it would be a little cold by the time I reach your location.

Good luck to both teams and I look for a great game.

Very, very true.... If it were that easy, may I suggest this?

Week 7: Dresden 23 McKenzie 20

Week 9: Camden 42 Dresden 7

Using that logic, Camden should be 38 points better than McKenzie, which we all know is not the case.

Not being hateful or anything because I really enjoy the McKenzie/Lewis County week and find the Rebel fans to be insightful and good sports. I expect a great game this week and talked to Vito tonight and he has installed McKenzie as the early 6 point favorite.

Very true. I just thought I would mention it since Camden was the only common opponent. I think it's very safe to say that Camden is much improved since the beginning of the season when McKenzie played them anyway. This should be a good game because it's apparent that it has become an intense rivalry. Good luck to both teams.

One of the reasons I enjoy this new rivalry is that McKenzie and Lewis County are very,very similar in nature. Both teams, as I see it, get dogged quite a bit on this site, and for the life of me, I don't know why? Oh I know that we have some fans who don't give much thought to anything like when they predict 45-0 victories over Camden and lunacy like that but those kind of posts don't come from the true "fan." Most of the time when you read some nutty prediction on coachteedotcom, it's some youngster just trying to draw attention.

I thought that last year, McKenzie had a dream season of sorts and I trired my dead level best to acknowledge that during playoff time. I can honestly say that I try never to dog another team. Trash talking is an artform that I don't participate in. Now, that being said, I love good debate and witty back and forth but for some of the schools to just come one here and dog McKenzie and Lewis County for never "winning the big one" and that kind of stuff is ludicrous. I would much prefer to be in either of our shoes this week. It sure beats the other option.

McKenzie and Lewis County are also very similar in that both teams are usually short on loads of true athletic talent like some of the other schools. Both teams do all they can do with what they have to work with and that speaks volumes for the kids and the coaches.....

Ok, just had toi throw that one in.

I think McKenzie wins this one. Lewis County is limited on offense. The defense is good, but they really have limitations on the offensive side of the ball. I certainly don't think it will be a blowout...probably a score like the Camden/Lewis County game. McKenzie has to take care of the ball....