McKenzie vs. Lewis County

dt87

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I wish I could watch this game this year. I remember last year all that talkin about that Lewis County's Mr. Football finalist. He was supposed to be so great and so good. From what I saw, McKenzie's Mr. Football finalist, Big Rick, beat that man from Lewis County like a red headed step child, all night long too. He didn't look so good when he went against a quality opponent. Anyways, I'm gonna go ahead and say McKenzie by 7.

Well oh well... Lewis County survived last week against Camden. This week will be the end of the season for them at last. 6AA region 5 got lucky with one survivor last week.... next week they will all be at home listening to radios. McKenzie wins this one BIG!!!! 42-14

Go 6AA region 6!!! Go Rebels :lol:

Edited by REIGNY DAYZ

I don't predict a blowout of the magnitude that ReignyDayz calls for but, now that the Rebels have re-discovered their running game LC will have to prepare for more than an all out passing attack. On the other hand, a few teams took the run away from us in the second half of the season and we burned them passing because of it. High school teams may be able to stop one or the other but, only the top shelf teams can stop both. If Lewis Co. can hold us under 21 points I'll be the first to congratulate them! Only Huntingdon has done it this year and some pretty good teams couldn't. Including all the teams that region 5AA lost to or struggled with last Friday night(except Huntingdon). If LC is to beat the Rebels, they best find some way to score a lot of points on us.

I wish both teams the best Friday night but, I'm still supporting the Rebels and expect a big win from them Friday night.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well oh well... Lewis County survived last week against Camden. This week will be the end of the season for them at last. 6AA region 5 got lucky with one survivor last week.... next week they will all be at home listening to radios. McKenzie wins this one BIG!!!! 42-14

Go 6AA region 6!!! Go Rebels :lol:

Hey REIGNY DAYZ how come you say that lewis county is going 2 lose every week?Just incase you havent been watchin they havent lost a game all year!I'm not saying that they are going to win but i am hoping they do.Why do you have a problem with lewis county?

I remember last year all that talkin about that Lewis County's Mr. Football finalist. He was supposed to be so great and so good. From what I saw, McKenzie's Mr. Football finalist, Big Rick, beat that man from Lewis County like a red headed step child, all night long too. He didn't look so good when he went against a quality opponent.

You must be mistaken, Big Rick was out the whole 2nd half of that game with a sore knee. The first half was pretty even. But that was last year and Bobby is now going to college in Minnesota and his team, won their first game last weekend. Congrats to them. Now back to this year, I am so excited about this game. It should be great and like somebody said earlier if it is a blowout either was I will be disappointed. Good luck to both teams and Go Panthers. Lumpy Rules!!! :lol:

I still have yet to understand why Mckenzie runs the "fun and gun" offense. With a line of that size and a good sized fullback behind them and a hard-nosed runner behind them, i think the running game would have done them better. Drew Hayes is a great quarterback, but i think i would have waited another year or two to center my offense around him. The recievers have great hands, problem is, they aren't that fast to burn pass coverage on a consistant basis. Hayes has a rifle of an arm, just no sights on that bad boy. If Mckenzie comes out throwing, the best pass defense is a rushing defense. Hayes doesn't like to be hit and the only game I have seen him hit in was the Huntingdon game. As for their defense...the middle will not be there at the start, pass short and run wide. They get tired and the middle comes open. Lewis Co. will have to play their best game of the season to beat the Rebels, I still don't see that being enough unless Mckenzie has a bad game. Could be a close one if LC comes out wanting revenge bad enough. The LC games I have seen, the only reason I think they won was because of turnovers. Best of luck to both teams...don't have a favorite. Which ever one wins can look for a loss next week comming from either team.