79-36!

Reporter

I had to double check this one! Clarksville Northwest beats Hillwood by a score of 79-36 this evening! It was 30-16 after the first quarter!

Northwest leads 46-16 at the half and then we get five touchdowns in the third quarter and Hillwood pulls within 60-36 after three! It ends with three NW scores in then final quarter for the 79-36 final.

According to the "Tennesseean", Northwest had 676 yards of offense, Hillwood 348, for a combined 1024 yards of offense which is 3/5 of a mile!

A couple of observations from the Hillwood-CLarksville NW game. Northwest has a great running attack. With Hillwood losing two linebackers to suspension, it was that much better. Neither team was very good defensively. Why in the world did the NW coach still have his stud running back in the game to score a touchdown with 5 minutes left that put you up by 37? Why did he then return to the field to play defensive back when Hillwood got the ball back. That is classless. However, after listening to the coach after the game on 104.5 I can understand. When told he would play Stratford again he stated "That's what I wanted. They beat ME by one point and I I I I want that point back." Don't worry coach. Your team is good enough to get your name back in the paper again. I'm sure you will wallpaper a room at home with your press clippings. What comes around goes around. If you gave up 36 to Hillwood, Hillsboro could go for 60. And I guarantee even if #24 plays to the final horn, you will not score 79 on them. Your team played great and your fans were great also. Too bad your coach is a glory hound. He should get together with the Ezell coach.

I agree with bigchief. It was a classless act the way NW left starters in when the game was already decided. ONe question I have, is what would they have done if 24 had gotten hurt while he was out there padding his own stats and those of his so called mentors (that is what coaches should be....but NW coaches are far from that). Good luck to the players on NW, #24, you will be fun to watch next year as a senior, assuming you dont get injured while your coaches are inflating thier egos.

Alzado,

Are you saying Hillwood got outcoached?? Surely not with all of the old heads on the Hillwood sideline, and two young pups!!

Let me see if I can understand this whole picture. Hillwood refuses to swap film for a game (totally uncool) and Northwest runs the score up on Hillwood (uncool still). Hillwood coaches get cursed out by their players and don't do anything about it and Northwest coaches use "I" and "me" instead of focusing on their team.

GREAT ROLE MODELS GUYS!!!! ;)

NW is playing well right now and I believe they will get their revenge against Stratford. I heard the 104.5 interview and coach Stevens did sound a little self centered. I don't blame NW for being excited, because they are doing things a NW team hasn't done in a while.

Anyone who has read NW posts knows their coaching staff likes to pat themselves on the back. I always wondered why the head coach didn't step in and end some of the self promotion. Guess I got my answer. The NW coaching staff is trying to get their good RB a MVP of region6-4a. All region selections will be interesting because several teams played well, even those who didn't make the playoffs.

Gotta let them enjoy their moment in the sun. Maybe as a staff they will learn a little humility and put together a solid program with the core of players they have returning next year.

Sounds like alot of jealousy from you two. Alzado isn't your team Pearl Cohn out of the play-offs and dandy your team is whitehouse also out of the play-offs. NW coaches prepare their kids each week to play hard and put their kids in position to win and each week you guys get on here and hammer them. You guys need to stop hating people you don't know. You also need to check you own glass houses before thowing stones.

Sorry pal. There are no cracks in my house. I called it as I saw it. Ask Ezell's coach what it is like when it comes back around and bites you back. Your coach gets an A for preparation and an F for being classless and running up the score. I would say act like you have been there before, but after hearing your coach I understand he has NEVER been anywhere before. Live it up while you can. The cycle is always turning. :lol:

I think his credentials include 2 state championships, from what state Im not sure. He is an older gentlemen who believes that it is your job to keep points off the board. Read the paper 7 different people scored. The 3rd string back scored twice. I don't want to hear about running up the score. NW has been beaten by 60 many times and the cycle now says it our turn. It could have been worse they call back a TD that the officials blew a call on and later apoligized for.