Huntingdon vs. Chester Co.

tricklician

THIS TIME THE GAME IS at Paul Ward Stadium. The Eagles of Chester Co. will be out to try and do somthing to make there fans think that there is a way for them to win.

Just remember Chester Co. fans if you forget to bring your crying towels to the game they will be for sell when you come in.

HUNTINGDON 35

Chester Co. 14

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey trick why is it a big deal to post on every thread that we will need our crying towels? show a little respect. may i remind you that all the pressure is on huntingdon. yall are trying to prove the state that yall are a play-off team while we have never been to round 2. Marlins vs. Yankees

I understand donvito. Those towel remarks are for the smack talkers from Henderson that were running there mouths on ESPN radio 96.5 early in the year.

CCand Huntingdon are both fast and strong. Play-off experience will be on Huntingdon's side and playing at Paul Ward Stadium will be big factors int the game.

So, for that reason the scale leans to Huntingdon side for the win to advance to round three against the Mckenzie/Lewis Co. winner.

every year in the past we havent played up to our potential and we were 3-7 that could be why we needed towels in the past. but this year it is different, yes all the seniors will be sad to have played there last game of high school football and may not ever put pads on again, and on the other side we will be very happy since these kids have done what no other chester co team has done.

An "atta boy" to both Chester Co. and Huntingdon for gettin' the job done last night and a salute to Camden for taking Lewis Co. to the wire! We will try to finish 6AA's business with 5AA next friday night at Lewis Co. and hope to meet the winner of ya'lls game in week 3.

Best of luck to both the Eagles and the Mustangs. None of us left any doubt with the folks from 5AA which is the tougher region this year!!!!!!!!

First let me apologize to anybody who thought I might have got out of hand last week, JacketPride and Sportsfan just got under my skin a little. I was wrong on my score prediction on the CC-Fairview game...I predicted ya'll would get em by 21 and you only got em by 20. I believe Huntingdon will win this game, but if you do beat us I promise, I'll support CC and hope ya'll will do the same if we come out on top. My early prediction is: Huntingdon 31 CC 14

Some stats:

Huntingdon is scoring 43 ppg and giving up 10

Chester County is scoring 28.5 ppg and giving up 14

Huntingdon is scoring 44 ppg at home and giving up 5

Chester County is scoring 35 ppg on the road and giving up 12

Schedules:

Huntingdon Mustangs

Date Opponent Location Result

Fri Aug. 29 at Hollow Rock-Bruceton W 46-7

Fri Sep. 5 Adamsville R W 70-7

Fri Sep. 12 at Lexington W 43-19

Fri Sep. 19 at Chester Co. R W 27-7

Fri Sep. 26 Westview W 42-7

Fri Oct. 3 Camden Central R W 51-7

Fri Oct. 10 Milan L 6-24

Fri Oct. 17 Decatur Co. Riverside R W 35-0

Fri Oct. 24 at Union City W 47-14

Fri Oct. 31 at McKenzie R W 42-7

Fri Nov. 7 Harpeth W 60-12

Chester County

Date Opponent Location Result

Fri Aug. 29 Peabody W 21-7

Fri Sep. 5 at Decatur Co. Riverside R W 34-6

Fri Sep. 12 Fayette Academy W 28-14

Fri Sep. 19 Huntingdon R L 7-27

Fri Sep. 26 at Dyer Co. W 34-21

Fri Oct. 3 at Adamsville R W 28-21

Fri Oct. 10 Gibson Co. W 42-0

Fri Oct. 17 McKenzie R L 6-34

Fri Oct. 24 at Hollow Rock-Bruceton W 50-7

Fri Oct. 31 at Camden Central R W 29-11

Fri Nov. 7 at Fairview W 35-8

Guest daluvfromCc04
;) I would like to congradulate both the eagles and the mustangs on their victories last night. I wish I can see the game next week, but I beleive that it will be a good one. I know that as long as a team from our region wins the championship, it will be cool, but I hope that CC will pull off with the win. Good luck to both teams next Friday. ;)

"Just remember Chester Co. fans if you forget to bring your crying towels to the game they will be for sell when you come in."

Dude grow up. Its a game and there is no since in acting like a child. Your in high school; act like it.

Now then to the game. Kudoos to both teams for making it this far. Good luck Friday night to both teams.

One word of advice for Hunington, CC's red hot and are really looking forward towards this game so heads up.

Predicion: CC in a close one.

THIS TIME THE GAME IS at Paul Ward Stadium. The Eagles of Chester Co. will be out to try and do somthing to make there fans think that there is a way for them to win.

Just remember Chester Co. fans if you forget to bring your crying towels to the game they will be for sell when you come in.

HUNTINGDON 35

Chester Co. 14

Don,t worry tricklician,we won,t be crying regardless of what happens ,win or lose.We are proud of what our EAGLES have accomplished this year and we already know they are going to play their hearts out and leave everything on the field.When our players and fans leave Huntingdon win or lose we will have our heads high and tell our team how much this year has meant to the fans and how a team that went 3-7 last year turned things around and made history this year.No, we won,t need the crying towels nor will we let pot shots or trash talking bother us.We know what we have done and we know we made some mistakes and we know that if Huntingdon wins then they will be representing region 6-2a along with Mckenzie when they beat lewis county.So what we will do if we lose is support the winner so they can continue winning to show that region 6-2a is the strongest 2-a region from top to bottom.But thanks for offering the towels

I'm looking forward to an outstanding matchup this Friday night. I don't think Huntingdon has had a more physical game all year than the first Chester Co. contest and it surprised them. I came away from that game very impressed with CC's defense but a little skeptical about their offense. Other than one drive, they weren't able to do a lot with the Mustang defense. Of course, there was that 10 minute referee fiasco at midfield that I still haven't figured out!

Here's the way I see it. Huntingdon has made a couple of offensive line moves as well as inserting Donald into the fullback spot in the last month. These have solidified an already good offense. Defensively, they are solid and have been tough to run on all year. Only Milan has had much success running the football. ALthough Mckenzie threw for alot of yards, most were in front of the db's and we kept them out of the end zone. To score, you're going to have to mix it up.

CC has a tough, tenacious D that has been solid all year. Huntingdon was able to complete a few passes to set up scores but didn't have a lot of success running the ball. CC must play the same game but eliminate the big play through the air. Offensively, CC cannot hope to win by simply running at the Mustangs. They must be able to throw. I know I'm being repetitive but a balanced attack is a must for the team that wins.

Otherwise, the same old adages about taking care of the football, avoid penalties, etc. will obviously play a part. THe Mustangs have been very good at avoiding turnovers all year. We've also generated more than our share. Their kicking game is also solid. I don't know how the Eagles stack up kicking wise or what their turnover ratio looks like.

I know the Eagles have a Sr. dominated team so I don't really see the lack of playoff experience being that big a detriment. However, Paul Ward stadium is a tough place for any road team to win.

These are my thoughts. I welcome any input from the CC fans on my "scouting report" of your team. As I said, I have only seen them once and that was several weeks ago. I'm interested in hearing how you have improved since then. Good luck and come early to Paul Ward for a good seat.