Cyclone Football: Needs New Leadership

frankfargo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an outsider. I don't pretend to know as much as you folks near the program, but I can look at things objectively. First off, down cycles happen in every program. Maybe this is the time for 'Betsy. I'm sure you will be back. Second, players play the game. If you guys have never coached before, like me, and I don't mean pee wee ball, we have no idea what it is like to be under the gun on Friday nights. It is easy to sit in the stands and second guess because you have the benefit of hindsight. How would we react if it were us on the sidelines? Would we make every correct call? Would we run the program to perfection? I would say probably not. Coaches are not out to make our sons look bad. They want to win as much as anyone. How would we like for our jobs to depend on 14, 15, 16 ,17, or 18 year olds? These guys spend countless hours away from their families, for what? Glory? Fame? Money? No, they do it for the love of the game and the love of kids. Those of you questioning the intelligence of your coaches, try sitting down and discussing the x's and o's with your coaches and see who knows more. If those that are so adamant that the coaches are the problem and think they know better, here's some advice: go back to school and get an education degree and coach yourself. Better yet TSSAA allows non faculty coaches now. Go to their class and get certified to coach. You guys have fine people leading your program. For that you should be thankful. If my son were there, I know I would be. Coach Pless is a fine person who CARES. Third, your head coach is fighting for his life, if the stories I hear are true. It is trivial to be discussing this topic now. There are much more important things in life than football. Now is the time that the community should be rallying around the TEAM, players and coaches. Good luck to Coach Jenkins, You are in the prayers of many.

Dogman, I'm not trying to start anything here, but since I am an outsider, could you list your credentials that allows you to know that the coaches are so horrible and what qualifies you to call for a change? Guys, I just want everyone to realize that now may not be the best time to have this discussion. Life is an important thing. Coach Jenkins deserves support at this time not worrying about being torn down.

I don't watch football and I really don't even like it but I'll have to agree with the Professor on this one. There comes a point in life when there are other things more important than sports. Yes they are a good past-time but right now everyone should be praying for Coach Jenkins. In the game of life Coach Jenkins is in the"big-play-off" and he really needs your prayers.

Hometeam.... Tearing others down is a defense mechanism for some insecurities. I am available whenever you are ready to face your issues. ;) Anyway, I'll leave your forum to you guys. Good luck to you and your team whatever may happen. (By the way, I did play college ball on a full ride at ETSU for 4 years many moons ago, so I do have a little sports knowledge.) Once again, good luck.