Midway with no Seniors

Midwayballgirl14

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For everyone who didn't know the situation, you have no right to say anything degrading about any of the girls that were "dismissed", Players should not be kicked off teams for missing ONE practice. One of the players was kicked off, one was given the choice to run for an hour and a half and not get to practice that day, then run 10 suicides, and the last one quit. Since all three missed they should have gotten equal punishments as other girls that had missed one practice or more.

...Its no-ones business why they missed..

without knowing details or the situations it would be unfair to comment on punishments. but as a coach myself, i feel there should be consequences and consistency in dealing with missed practices. also the reasons for missing can make a difference and should be dealt with accordingly.

I agree that the coach has a right to know what we were doing, and we were truthful about where we went, BUT it is not his bussiness to know everywhere I went that night, what I ate, and who I was with (which he did ask). I also believe that if no other girls' "alibis" were questioned upon why were ours?

:angry: Is Midway playing in the Jamboree tonight?

Midway will be a better team now that they have lost there seniors. The team will be alot stronger and will build off of it. They have alot of inexperienced players but this will be alot better for the team seing how they will all be there for next season. the seniors quiting just showed disrespect to there coach and a big lack of leadership. all the talk of how Midway will not be any good now is wrong. They are just as good without them as they were with them. Anyhow the 3 senior girls they had didnt really contribute that much to the team anyways. Cawood is doing an excellant job with his team and will come out finishing strong after they play together some more and get more attached to each other.

The three Seniors didnt contribute much???Yea Okay...Ur a real Genius!!~! They were just three key starters but I suppose thats not much!~! Whatever...Keep your disrespectful comments to yourself.......We are all three good people so dont be so rude to us............................! They will get better their young..I dont say theyll be bad b/c of it b/c I love all the girls on that team...Good Luck Ladies!~And good luck to Coach Cawood and Amy!~! I Hold no grudges!!!

Go LAdy WAVES!

• 2 weeks later...
Cawood is doing an excellant job with his team

First of all before you post again you need to learn to spell. How can I team that almost lost to TSD, that only won by one, not have been a better team with the Seniors on it. No, they weren't superstars, but they were all starters with experience on the court. Regardless of your opinion, the team is worse off than it was. Furthermore, Cawood has never coached a high school team and has never had a team of his own, so he needs to adjust to his new position also.