Franklin at Brentwood

Brentwood#1

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Here are some things to look at, ponder, think about, whatever... just something I did during the playoffs last year and will do this year. Enjoy!

Record: Franklin 9-2; Brentwood 10-1

Opponents Record: Franklin- 63-54; Brentwood- 53-60

Points for/average: Franklin- 393/ 35.72; Brentwood- 344/ 31.27

Points against/average: Brentwood- 119/ 10.81; Franklin- 186/ 16.09

Most points scored in a game: Franklin- 55 vs Columbia; Brentwood- 45 vs Kenwood and Father Ryan.

Least points scored in a game: Franklin- 14 vs Oakland; Brentwood- 14 vs Blackman

Greatest margin of victory: Franklin- 44 vs Clarksville; Brentwood- 49 vs Kenwood

Smallest margin of victory: Franklin defeated Brentwood 24-21 in OT. Brentwood

defeated Blackman 14-13.

Against teams with a winning record: Franklin has played six teams with a winning record. They are 4-2 against these teams (Lincoln County, Columbia, Centennial, Brentwood, Dickson County, and Hunters Lane). Brentwood has played four teams with a winning record and they are 3-1 against these teams (Smryna, Centennial, Franklin, and Dickson County).

Common Opponents

Centennial: FHS 37 CHS 19; BHS 25 CHS 23

Clarksville: FHS 51 CHS 7; BHS 35 CHS 0

Dickson County: DCHS 31 FHS 28 (OT); BHS 17 DCHS 7

Henry County: FHS 40 HCHS 0; BHS 37 HCHS 12

Kenwood: FHS 45 KHS 6; BHS 49 KHS 0

Ravenwood: FHS 38 RHS 0; BHS 45 RHS 8

and of course...

Franklin 24 Brentwood 21 (OT)

Edited by FHSrebel27

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good bet The Review Appeal will make a big deal of the game this week... keep in mind it's hard to cover games in Nashville on deadline when there are four other games in town... can't say I'm certain on this, but I have a pretty good idea that was the case last week... the RA has limited resources... besides, Centennial's win over Antioch was a MUCH bigger deal than Franklin having to come back and win a game that should never have been close... and I think they treated it as such... we'll see what they do this week...

Wow... Germantown folk, I've said it over and over again. Y'all are great in West Tennessee but when was the last time Germantown beat a mid-state team in the semifinals to go to state? It was 1983. Y'all haven't beaten a mid-state in the playoffs since 1996 when you beat Lincoln County in the second round under the old playoff format. And I don't think it's necessary to remind you who beat you last year in the semifinals. While it may be a bit premature to discuss, I do agree that the winner of this game will be in the Blue Cross Bowl and whoever that is I will be supporting (to answer your question inot2bad).

But ya know, I thought this was Franklin vs Brentwood, not winner of Franklin/Brentwood vs Germantown. So let's talk about that, shall we? Prime Time, it's true that Centennial played Brentwood very very close, but then again, Brentwood also beat a very good Dickson County team and well, we all know what happened when the teams playing Friday met in the regular season. Brentwood is a good team. I think how CHS played them shows how good CHS is, not how bad BHS is (don't take that as me saying BHS is bad). This is bound to be a tight game. I don't see the difference being any more than seven points and it very well could come down to a turnover. Franklin won't win this one with four turnovers. However, if it comes down to the fourth quarter, I give Franklin an edge. They have held BHS and DCHS on late game drives and they have also executed perfect two-minute drills to tie both of those games up. Solima and the Franklin O is perfect under pressure late in the game. Hopefully it won't come to that though.

FRANKTOWN, WHAT?!

Good recap of Germantown's playoff history...now i'll do Franklin's....5 playoff wins in 34 years.

It's a good bet The Review Appeal will make a big deal of the game this week... keep in mind it's hard to cover games in Nashville on deadline when there are four other games in town... can't say I'm certain on this, but I have a pretty good idea that was the case last week... the RA has limited resources... besides, Centennial's win over Antioch was a MUCH bigger deal than Franklin having to come back and win a game that should never have been close... and I think they treated it as such... we'll see what they do this week...

FHS27 - You were right on that ID :lol:

Thats OK the Nashville City Paper did a great job!

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...s&news_id=28201

First off, I'd just like to remind everyone what a Brentwood fan said last year before the playoff game:

THE COMMON OPPONENT ARE EACHOTHER...

and who won that game. :confused:

Funny how it seems that doesn't matter this year. It's going to be a close game, no doubt but FHS did win the first meeting this year and so a slight edge must be given to them. I think Franklin realized Friday night that their season can end at any moment now and I believe they don't intend for it to end anytime soon. I can't say with certainity that Franklin won't get beat Friday night, but I won't be surprised if they win by more than three. I see something like 28-21, somewhere around in there. Not my pick yet, that's coming later. GO REBS!

I think the real story here are the two coaches, both have been head coaches for two years, Ron Crawford 24-2 (BA and FHS) with a State Championship in his first year and Tim Johnson 20-4(2xBHS, LC, DC). Their dedication and their staff's long hours have made the difference in these young men, seniors inparticular, getting to this point. No matter how it plays out Friday, all will take away something special. Good Health to Brentwood, Good Luck to the Rebels!